“Fun and good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This little restaurant is located by the Fire Island Ferries. The owner is so warm and friendly. Don't get upset by the paper plates! I had some great sauteed soft shell crabs on those plates!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We dropped off friends at the Sayville ferry and wanted to have dinner so we stopped here. I had the lobster roll which was good, although I have had better elsewhere. Husband had fisherman platter which was just ok. Staff was friendly but not so attentive. If I’m in Sayville again for dinner I will probably eat elsewhere.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Enjoyed the entire meal..( well except the paper plates).. I had a broiled seafood platter very tasty my wife had a seafood pasta dish that was cooked perfectly. I'll be back

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Well, we went midweek for lunch (birthday treat!) Very easy to find and we love anything to do with the waterfront! Parking was no problem and we sat right away. Hostess/waitress was wonderful-lots of energy, super nice and welcoming. (Spotted her cleaning an area behind us during our lunch -now that's a dedicated employee!) We knew from reading other TA reviews that it was a no frills place. We are OK with that as long as the food is worth the trip. Fellow trip advisors, you got this one right!! Paper placements, paper napkins and plastic utensils didn't phase us. The lunch menu had a nice variety. I ordered the mahimahi on corn tortilla with lettuce, tomato & onion. Yes, she had to make a change from the usual guacamole and other filings due to a bad burger experience I had at another place recently. She was very accommodating and that made me happy. You're able to chose 2 sides with each lunch, so I had the special: zucchini & squash steamed, perfect for me. Hubby had tuna (black & blue- rare inside and seared outside) loaded with sesame seeds on the out sides. It came served on a bun with lettuce and tomato with 2 sides. He chose cole slaw and fries. It looked so good and he loved it. The fish is super fresh. It took a while for our lunch to come but we savored the marina view of winter wrapped boats and blue skies. I'm so glad she didn't rush us. We truly enjoyed our impromptu lunch at a small tucked away place that got rave reviews from my fellow Trip Advisors. Thank you everyone and keep those reviews coming- they make a difference!! BTW, if you're considering Cull House- just go and enjoy the food and good service.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Paper plates, great seafood, friendly service. This place is a great local hangout with no pretentiousness. The lobster madness special Sunday to Thursday is a bargain. Don’t miss out on the clams and mussels. Wines list is well suited to the food and very reasonably priced.

Date of visit: October 2017