“Just A Diner, Plain & Simple”

Seacrest Sayville Diner
Ranked #16 of 58 Restaurants in Sayville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This review is being written after 4 different visits for breakfast. I figured I'd see if anything changed during different days of the week. Sadly it did not...

The pancakes that I had on two occasions had absolutely no flavor whatsoever… In fact they tasted like the grease on the flattop.

The server did not bring over syrup when she brought over the pancakes. I waited literally five minutes, and then got up to get it myself. Which I had no problem doing but unfortunately by the time I tried to eat the pancakes they were cold. When she came to give us our check I didn't complain. I just let her remove them.

The omelettes were your standard omelettes, they were okay. Honestly it's kind a hard to screw up an omelette.

The airport diner on the corner of Vets Hwy & Lakeland Avenue is far better than this one. I would make an effort to try that.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Started going for breakfast when another local place went under. We were pleasantly surprised. Good food, great people, great service, clean and reasonable!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

It is a small diner with great atmosphere.Service was friendly and attentive.I ordered the Seacrest skillet dinner.It was seabass,sea scallops & shrimp n wedged potatoes served in a cast iron skillet.All was seasoned n cooked to perfection. My husband was undecided what to order because he is a fussy eater n doesn't like to try anything new.The menu selection is not large but did have different choices and change menus.He had a Skillet dish that had a steak,i think it was skirt steak with potatoes.He really enjoyed it said it was seasoned and cooked n was really happy. And he is not a steak eater. Our meals came with appetizer,soup or salad,dessert and a drink.This was the first time we were here cause we don't live close but will not be the last.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

after a brief closing of the Diner, they are back in business. A wide menu selection from a basic meatloaf dinner to broiled seafood, or the popular hamburger deluxe. This place offers specials daily from breakfast up to late night

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Went there recently for omelettes and home fries. The food was tasteless and the service wasn't all that great, considering the diner was empty. Not sure what is happening there but will not be back.