The Saratoga Hilton
Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
GardenInn.com
Roosevelt Inn & Suites(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$100
Comfort Inn & Suites(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$105
ComfortInn
The Inn at Saratoga(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$131
Orbitz.com
Pavilion Grand Hotel(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$143
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$153
Orbitz.com
Courtyard Saratoga Springs(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$125
Stay Saratoga(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$169
Travelocity
The Springs Motel(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$79
The Gideon Putnam(Saratoga Springs)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssprings restaurantfront desklarge hotelvisiting saratogabeautiful hotelthe main streetthe hotel is cleanking suitebeautiful roomhousekeeping staffsaratoga race trackconvenient locationgreat place to staytrack seasonwalking distancecomfortable bedshops and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love that the location is central without being right next to the bars, so you can get a good night sleep. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfy. We enjoyed our stay and would come again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed March 11, 2018

Parking a nightmare. Totally disorganized from a "car retrieval and exit" standpoint. Felt nickel and dimed despite being a Hilton Gold member (all sorts of rules at breakfast). Of course way overpriced during track season. Falls far far short for a Hilton property.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Darryl L, Director of Sales at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. We try our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay, and we are very sorry that we did not achieve that. Due to the large children's tournament, the parking lot was completely full, and we understand your frustration. We have taken your comments to our restaurant team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of handling guest’s needs during this specific tournament. Again we are very sorry and thank you for your honest feedback.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Location
The hotel is situated at the end of the city center of Saratoga Springs, however since downtown is small, this is not an issue. In fact it is quite good as it is located close to the main road towards the I-87. There are quite a number of public parking spaces close to the hotel, but don't think this is the purpose of those spaces since the hotel has it's own parking grounds (only weird thing is that you have to pay for it - guess just the hotel trying to get as much income as possible). Other than that, it is a good location for basically anything while visiting the city downtown area.

Check In
Just had to wait a couple of mins before being helped. As a side note, the check-in desk is a couple of steps up (really depends from which entrace you come into the hotel - they have the main where you can just drop off and the other one which is towards the back of the hotel). If you have heavy luggage, they do have the wheelchair route, but that's a detour.
Check-in was fast and Elite membership recognized. Given a run down of the hotel facilities since it was my first time staying at the property.

Room
Was upgraded to a junior suite which spacious and lots of window therefore lots of natural light. Room deco was a mix of modern with some nice pictures based on the horse racing theme.
The room is a sort of open concept room with no door to seprate the bed area and the small living/lounge area. There was small kitchenette area and nice working desk area. Temperature control of the room was good and luckily the fan was not too loud.
Bathroom was on a small side and clearly newly renovated. Water pressure was good and temperature control in the room was good. Toiletries were still those from Peter Roth.
Internet speed was ok. There was no premium internet option - which I have noticed are gone from a lot of Hilton hotels.

Dining
As an elite member, continental breakfast was included. Upgrade to the full breakfast cost approximately 6 USD. However strangely, even after upgrade, it is not really an order what you want option as I was told I could only order 1 meat and if I ordered 2 meat options (e.g sausage & bacon), I will have to pay extra. In my opinion this is a poor showing from the hotel part - if you already request your guest to pay extra for the full option, and nick pick further on how many meats are allowed, this is certainly not being sincere.
Continental breakfast options are the usual fruit, yougurt, oats, breads and there was 2 different type of scramble eggs.
On the 2 nights I was there, strangely there was not many people in the breakfast room (despite one of the night was before the famous Chowder feast). Service was good and friendly.

Gym
The gym and pool are located in another wing of the hotel. The gym had good equipments for both cardio and weight. Only small complain would be the temperature, which was on the lower side - suspect that no heater was on and since it was freezing out side, this made the place cold. I guess this is more of a personal thing.

In general the service was ok, most of the front desk staff was helpful and able to help in answering questions about the area and giving recommendations for food and other touristic stuff.

Overall
In general, an OK hotel. Only downside of ths hotel would be all the small nickle and diming of the customer - from parking to the breakfast. I've stayed at other Hiltons and for breakfast, was even just offered a full breakfast complimentary even for ordering anything from the breakfast menu. I know this per rules on this benefit continental breakfast is written, why further nickle and dime your guests if they are ready to pay to upgrade to the full breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank nldogbert
Darryl L, Director of Sales at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Thank you for your overall positive and detailed review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and our great location right in downtown Saratoga Springs! We will also be taking these comments back to our operations teams to ensure our customer service exceeds expectations. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we hope you will be our guest again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful suite, beautiful hotel. Swimming pool for the kids, parking, and great staff. It’s is right along the Main Street with all the shopping. Saratoga springs is a beautiful town.
We stayed for one night on our way back from visiting family in Canada. It’s is the perfect halfway mark between NYC and Montreal. If you need to do a stop over I would suggest this hotel. My wife and I may even come back here for a weekend.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

It is such a great pleasure to read your review and find that we met and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to submit your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Very classy rooms with one of the ONLY hotels I have been in that has real glassware in the rooms.Typical Saratoga.Price Gouging at its best.. Empty and overpriced during the week and it gets worse for the weekend. $132 total with AAA during the week and it jumps $30 dollars for Friday JUST because it is Friday and not because of demand. Then of course we have the typical Hilton garbage"incidental hold" .As many times as I have been robbed by Hilton for holds ranging from $25-75 dollar holds that have tied up my available balance for 5-7 days to their credit it was only truly 10% or $13.20. For the record there is no justification for an incidental hold. They have your credit card on filed and if you are dumb enough or drunk enough to pay these price gougers $5 for a bag of salted peanuts they would charge the card you have on file. The insulting part is Hilton employees will tell you every lie they can think of to justify the holds when you question them.And trust me I have heard some very LARGE lies from Hilton employees.I am still trying to determine how Hilton makes money on this scam.It is a very large hotel and you are forced to unload a long distance from the elevators with a longer walk to get to your room. I mean "where is the shuttle bus" long. You are not allowed to use a baggage cart.There appears to be only one and it MUST come with a valet who of course is working for tips.I asked about a cart and he said this is it and it comes with me.So it is pay or make a few trips.Saratoga at certain times of the year can be very busy.The hotel is so worried about a person scamming them for a free parking spot they have made it so customers must jump thru hoops to get in and out of the parking lot.Perhaps they truly are trying to preserve spits for paying customers.First hotel I have ever been to that gives you a second key card for the lot. The lobby which used to be warm and inviting feels sort of hollow and bland.Staff is very friendly,polite and professional.As you get off the elevator on your floor it is rather unwelcoming and good use a bit of warmth.Long uninviting corridors. The rooms are clean with one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. Perfectly clean.Very upscale furniture with REAL GLASSWARE instead of paper and Styrofoam cups attached to a dingy coffee maker.Once again the "on demand scam" In one of the self advertised upscale Hotels Upscale in Saratoga you get two HBO channels and 15 sport channels as they try to scam you into paying $22 for a movie out of boredom with nothing to watch but 20 buy a widget channels and .15 football games in you decide to kick back and stay in.Thank god for good working Wifi.

Room Tip: Location makes it acceptable.If it was farther away from downtown I would pass.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family