“Fun place that never disapoints”
Review of T.C. Brewsters

T.C. Brewsters
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I have been visiting Brewsters for several years. It's a fun place, good clientele, the staff is great and the food is good. The burgers are great!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

First, I am a mother, wife and teacher who tries to live by the golden rule. Second I want to say that in regards to Sandy Creek NY; I consider myself a local as I’ve lived in or around this area for most of my life. I’m not one to judge another person or establishment very harshly but I do rely on reviews of restaurants in order to make decisions on where to eat, especially when I’m traveling. Third I feel compelled to leave this review on all the sites that I frequent in order to help others make an informed decision.
I have never been treated more poorly at a restaurant than I was at TC Brewsters last night. I was actually told to “get out” by the manager/ owner after waiting over an hour and 15 minutes for a hot dog and the haddock daily special. I have driven by this restaurant a hundred times over the years going back and forth from my parents house to our camp in Oswego.
I had my 3 and 4 year old daughters and my mother with me. I decided to stop here to grab something to eat before my children got to hungry. It was already 6:30pm, they normally eat around 6:00. The bar was very busy and the restaurant relatively active as well. The sign said “Seat Yourself” but with the empty tables still needing to be cleared, we saw there was a hostess doing just that so we waited near the sign for her to finish clearing a table.
After we were seated we looked over the menu, saw the specials on the wall and decided on a hotdog with macaroni and cheese for my daughters and the haddock special for my mother and I. When the waitress, a young woman age 18-19 if I guessed, came we ordered our drinks and meals at once because I knew my daughters were getting hungry. The table that had been seated after us already had their alcohol delivered to them by time we were able to order. It was a very loud environment but I tried my best to keep my children quiet and behaved while we waited because it was mainly adults.
After half an hour I had to ask if the waitress could bring us some crackers for my children, only then did she bring us the complimentary bread and butter. At 40 minutes she brought us our “salads” because they had to “make them fresh” - consisting only of lettuce, tomato and olives. By now the other tables seated after us had already finished their “salads”. After an hour I started to wonder if they had lost our ticket. Another table of 4 who came in 30 minutes after us had already been served their food.
At 1:15 minutes I finally called the waitress over who had been conveniently avoiding us and by this time there were only 5 occupied tables. We explained how ridiculously long we had waited and my kids were becoming very hungry. It was just a hotdog. She asked if we wanted to speak with the manager and I said, “please”.
The manager came out 5 minutes later and he seemed very agitated. He asked what the problem was so we explained the situation and he went to look for the ticket. Another 5 minutes later he came out and threw the plated hotdog on the table and tried to hand us a fish sandwich, which was not what we ordered. He left seeming more agitated than when he arrived and at that point I asked my mother to take my girls out to the car while I settled the bill.
I was standing by the table waiting when the manager/owner came back out with our meals and I just shrugged like I didn’t know what he expected and he yelled at me in the middle of the dining room, “Just. Get. Out!” He never offered to compensate our meal, or package it up for us, nothing. I couldn’t believe he spoke to a patron, let alone a mother and a woman like that in the middle of the whole restaurant. My jaw hit the floor.
I tried one more time to speak with the hostess (his wife) and she told me that I “had done enough” and that I had “upset their daughter.” I told her I was willing to apologize to her if she thought I had been mean and she actually pushed me towards the door and said, “No and that I should just go…” Never have I been so shocked in my adult life. I may not be a bar tab or a regular but I expect some common courtesy which I did not receive at TC Brewsters. I hope this never happens to another family. In the end, my children were the ones who suffered because they thought they had done something wrong. I will never go there again.

7  Thank Colleen A
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Good food, nice atmosphere and reasonable prices. Lots of specials. Has a good following of local and seasonal folks.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Service was average.
Food was good
Prices seemed a bit high.
I enjoyed taco night, as the taco salad was great.
My wife's French dip was to so great....

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The staff are always courteous and welcoming, the food is great, and the prices reasonable. At any given time, there is nice mixture of local folks and people passing through.