Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience The Strong National Museum of Play
2,162 results
All reviews butterfly garden video games all ages toy hall of fame mini wegmans sesame street area berenstain bears grocery store food court train ride we spent hours children and adults lots of fun first floor merry go round toys hands
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

Love this place! They were constantly cleaning every surface, I was so impressed and felt so safe. They limit capacity due to covid so buy your tickets in advance. My husband lived this place more than my kids. We took a quick trip to Corning and decided to add this to the list while we were there. It's a bit of hike, if I recall 90 minutes from Corning but so worth it. We have 4 kids ranging from 5 to 14 and they all loved it. We could have stayed here for a few hours . I am sure if it is more fun when everything is open. It is a must see and the staff works extremely hard at sanitizing. We will definitely come back!

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

It's more for kids. They did update somethings which is good. I know they are still working on updating.

Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

Before the visit I was concerned that this is a place for little kids, but I was wrong. We were a group from 17 yo to 50 yo and all have lots of fun.

1  Thank 908irinas
Reviewed 12 April 2021

We stopped here on a whim, traveling between Niagra Falls and Syracuse. (Group of 6, adult, and children ages 17, 13, 9, 7, and 2). We didn't know what to expect, had not really ever heard of the place. We went too slow and just ran out of time. There is everything from exhibits with old toys and games, and samples of newer things, historical timelines and descriptions, interactive computer and live displays. It was very empty on this weekday, with staff visibly cleaning surfaces after people left them. In retrospect we spent way too much time on the upper floor with the toys, board games, video games, dolls, Barbies, etc, and then we got to the Sesame Street area, mini-Wegmans, science/fun house area, and had to sort of scramble through. There was a carousel and mini-train for the little guys to ride, coloring stations, train set ups to build on, lots of games to play. We ended up closing out the place, which closed at 5. We wish we had gotten there earlier and been able to stay longer. My only complaint was that there were no maps available, or we could have planned our time better. I know everywhere uses "COVID" as an excuse not to give out maps, but it really makes no sense, when money and menus are exchanged back and forth everywhere. A little display stand with paper maps visitors could pick up would have been very helpful for time management. Even the usually disinterested teens found many things to intrigue them, and I took a trip down memory lane. Lots of fun, hope to return if we are ever in the area again.

Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

Kids had fun but I’m a little disappointed that you still have to pay full price and everything isn’t fully open. Then once you are there you can’t leave get lunch and come back. It’s a bad policy that doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Date of experience: March 2021