“Delicious Sunday Breakfast ”
Review of Alex's Restaurant

Alex's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 295 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Just found this place on the website and what a pleasant surprise. The food was very good breakfast fare, tasty and large portions, but the service is the star. Coffee refills were constant and with a pleasant and heartfelt smile.
I wish I lived closer!

1  Thank Marcey W

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I have had the chance to eat at Alex's restaurant about four times over this past year since I have moved to Poughkeepsie. This includes visits for breakfast and brunch on the weekend as well as lunch during the week. I have enjoyed every visit to Alex's. The menu is, for the most part, familiar fare for meals at this time of day and the dishes I have tried have all been very well prepared. The setting and the menu has a bit of a deli feel but slightly broader and with a bigger variety than a classic deli might offer. The service is efficient and friendly and the ambiance is bright (with lots of big windows) and comfortable.

1  Thank DAS_2009
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Stopped by for brunch after Walkway Over the Hudson. Very cute restaurant. It was a busy Sunday late morning but they had tables so seated right away. Waitress was very friendly and took our order right away. Waited over a half hour for food though and waitress never apologized so does that mean it's their usual thing to wait so long. Food was good - not spectacular. Still would recommend restaurant for a simple brunch.

1  Thank gckpost30
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

I had asked someone for a tip on a good lunch spot in Poughkeepsie. This is conveniently located, and has a nice ambiance. I had a great server named Karen who took fabulous care of me. There is an extensive and diverse menu. I had the chicken grilled wrap and it was delicious. My only warning is to certain you use the meters. My meter machine didn't work, but did take the case, but no paper was forthcoming. Subsequently, I received a $20 ticket which I plan to protest.

2  Thank MrCottage
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We hiked the Walkway Over the Hudson from Highland to Poughkeepsie for an amazingly yummy breakfast at Alex's! Owner-Alex greeted us and seated us and shared great conversation. Beautiful restaurant with piano bar relaxing music which flowed with the restaurant patrons. Sara our server was a ray of sunshine and helped us decide which breakfast entree to select! Pictured below were our choices: Breakfast Sampler with delicious fluffy pancakes and Challah French Toast (short stack) with a dusting of powdered sugar. Since we were on holiday, we imbibed with a Mimosa and Bellini....now were fueled-up for our walk back to Highland over the Mid-Hudson Bridge which is a 5 mile loop. If Poughkeepsie were our home we'd be regulars at Alex's, breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner!!

1  Thank MJEDNAT