“Not so much”

Dragon House Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 37 Restaurants in Penfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 December 2019 via mobile

Stopped here for take out on a Saturday night. It was dead...should of been the first clue. The good- food was ready on time. The bad- the food. The beef chow neon was all fatty beef. The chicken lo mein-eh. There are better Chinese places in the area.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Laurarobin
Write a reviewReviews (26)

Reviewed 15 December 2019

We went there because of an excessive wait at out first choice. It was Friday 7:00 PM, so that's to be expected. We walk into the Dragon House it's almost empty! Looks like word was already out. Even though there were only three occupied tables, most of the other tables still had not been cleaned. After being offered a table right by the door, we had to wait five minutes for the only employee in sight to clean a booth. He then informed us, after we sat for an additional five minutes without so much as water & those little cardboard noodle strips, that it would be a 30-minute wait for our food. I'm OK waiting for food under certain circumstances, but not in a virtually empty restaurant. It seems like takeout orders take precedence. We went next door to Little Ceasar's and brought pizza home.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 21 January 2019

The service for deliver was way quicker than it should have been. The quality of the food was a 1-10 I wouldn't even give it to my dog. They told me I could get another meal for free so I figured I would give them another chance. My brother got the sweet and sour chicken which he said was ok. I got the pork and broccoli and it didn't even smell like pork, 3 different peopple tried a bite and spit it immediately out. They refuse to give me any kind of refund because they are saying that I already got free food because of it. I Initially spent 35 dollars which included a 5 dollar tip.
Search their restraunt on youtube for my video review

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 10 December 2018

I didn't feel like cooking for myself this week, so I visited for an order of Hot & Spicy Shrimp with egg rolls. The food was ready quickly, and was pretty good. It wasn't very spicy, but the taste was there and the egg rolls were good as well. I will go back in the future.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Full disclaimer in front; I am Chinese. Therefore I am pretty discriminating when it comes to Chinese.

That being said, Dragon House Chinese is a rare gem tucked right in a bedroom community neighborhood. Sure it is not Chinese food you will get in China. Honestly, you might not want it anyway. It is tasty American-Chinese food.

The ambience is very cozy and relaxing. It has some nice decor but not right at your face overkill kind. Foods are tasty and good mix of veggies and meats, and they are not too oily. Like most Chinese restaurants, the portions are generous for a very reasonable price. And service is fast and nice.

If you take little ones, it will be a treat for them.

Hope you will enjoy too.

Date of visit: June 2018