Lowest prices for your stay
US$159
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
BestWestern.com
All reviews captain's quarters the river lake ontario beautiful view fitness center waffles restaurant next door place to stay great stay in town nice room housekeeping staff clean hotel beds were very comfortable balcony bw sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wouldn't normally stay at a Best Western, but its the best in this area. I will have to say I was impressed. It was well maintained, clean, updated and the staff was great. I had a river view room, view was cool. Nice patio/deck to sit out on.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Waterfront Events, Marketing at Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write them. It is greatly appreciated. We ae so glad that enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Best Western Plus in Oswego is in desperate need of a refurbishment and a new chef in the restaurant. I stayed there, and the room smelled strange, the carpet was stained, there were bugs in the sink, and the furnishings were in deep distress. I ate at their restaurant, "Alex's", and there were bugs and bees flying all over the bar area. Yes, many many many bees flying around, and flying at people's food eating nearby. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. The steak seemed off, the accompanying vegetables were just not edible, the entire experience at this "hotel" reminded me of a cheap disgusting $25 per night motel, not the $200 I spent........and for what? The rooms have paper thin walls. I heard people next door talking until late in the wee hours of the morning, and I would not even dare go under the bedding. It all gave me the creeps.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I cannot tell you how sorry i am to hear of your experience. While we have undergone recent staff changes at many levels that is no excuse for your poor experience.

It is especially disconcerting as we have been awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate if Excellence fir 2 years running.

I sincerely hope that you brought all that to management's attention prior to posting here and gave them the opportunity to make things right.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was o.k. We enjoyed their pool and hot tub. You have to make reservations to use the lap pool. It wasn't a big deal, we just waited for half and hour and they make sure you get your turn. The room itself smelled like feet and there were some very noticeable large stains on the carpet. Beds were comfortable and the river view from the room was beautiful. Nice balcony to sit on.

Date of stay: August 2021

Thank you for sharing your observations bith good and bad. We have recently undergone some managerial changes rest assured this information will be passed on.

We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Great location plenty of parking, beautiful balcony and view of river, great breakfast not just junk food, eggs bacon sausage waffles etc, clean hotel helpful front desk, nice pool. Note: due to Covid health precautions they don’t fix up your room every day. Hotel didn’t tell us that. If you need towels or sheets just ask they will accommodate you.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Waterfront Events, Marketing at Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2021

Thank you so very much for staying with us and taking the time out of your day to write this wonderful review! We hope that you come back soon and often and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 11 August 2021

We stayed here when we went to the Sterling Renaissance Festival . Myself, my adult daughter and my grandsons ages 6 & 9. The room was very spacious with a small frig and coffee maker. We requested a microwave ahead of time and it was waiting by our door when we arrived. Everything was clean (there was a stain on the rug, but that was from age). The complimentary breakfast was great, The kids loved the waffle maker and the hot items were hot.
Oswego is a lovely town and I would like to go back. It was so nice that this hotel was on the water and that we had a balcony.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post this kind and positive review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and some of what Oswego has to offer! We cannot wait to have you back again! Keep your eye on our FB page in the coming weeks for a exciting announcement about indoor waterpark packages!