“Put this on your To-Do List!”
Review of Safowi

Safowi
Ranked #2 of 3 Food & Drink in Oia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For the discerning traveler, NOT TO BE MISSED! We offer daily private and semi-private wine tours,cooking classes,island adventures and more... Never more than 6 persons, you are guaranteed a private tour feeling at a semi private price! You will visit vineyards and wineries as we travel the island and of course, drink some of the most distinctive wines Greece has to offer. Learn how the ancient, indigenous varieties are transformed into the world famous VinSanto, the crisp, bold fresh whites and the mellowed oak fermented whites. Discover the new and surprising reds, all paired with local, traditional dishes. We also offer customized food/island events.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wow! I am so happy I was able to find SAFOWI Tours online as I was searching for wine tours in Santorini. Right from the start I knew it was going to be a special day. My husband and I were in Greece with our daughter and her roommate and we chose to go on the Food and Wine Tour. Best decision ever made! Phenix is so knowledgeable about the local vineyards and cuisine. We learned so much and she was so patient with us (especially with my husband) and our many questions. Phenix introduced us to many wonderful wines and all the food we had was delicious. Our favorite dish was the Greek yellow fava bean puree. It was really a great day. I would recommend SAFOWI Tours to anyone coming to Santorini. I hope we meet again.

SAFOWI, Owner at Safowi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I hope we meet again as well. It was a wonderful day for me too. I love it when people are actually curious and interested in how things are done here. It is so different than just about anywhere else.
Thank you for the review!

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"local vineyards"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This review is nearly a year overdue but I must make it because it is well-deserved! We LOVED our priavate SaFoWi tour with Phenix. To start things off, she was very prompt and receptive via email during the booking process. On the day of our excursion, she took us to some darling wineries and we enjoyed wonderful wines as well as local dishes. She is super dialed-in with the local winemakers and she (and by extension her guests) are treated like VIPs. What's more, Phenix is like a walking encyclopedia of all things Greece, so it was great to learn about the history of not only the local food/wine, but also of Santorini. She is really passionate about food/wine, which shows in all she does. We highly recommend this tour to all you foodies/cork dorks like us!

SAFOWI, Owner at Safowi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Cork Dorks!! That's a new one and I like it.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Happy that you enjoyed the tour and the wines. Come back and see us sometime....

Phenix

Reviewed November 15, 2017

I researched many wine tasting tours on Santorini and I'm so glad I picked Phenix!

The whole trip to Santorini was a wedding anniversary surprise for my wife and Phenix helped me plan a perfect tour tailored to what I wanted to do and see.
After some email exchanges with recommendations and guidance as to what is best to see during a one day tour to make it fun, memorable but not too rushed, I signed off on a full day of sightseeing and wine tasting.

From the planning stages until dropping us off at the hotel, Phenix was very professional, personable and basically outdid herself. She was quick to respond to emails, showed up on time and was excellent throughout the day.
We were picked up in front of a church after a morning Mass and we clicked together right away and made a new friend instantly :)
Even the car rides between places were fun. Phenix gave us a history lesson of the island and winemaking. We learned that she played a key role in starting the wine tasting tours on the island. Being a California girl, she knows something about wine after all :)
She introduced us to all the wine types this small island produces and explained the techniques, both ancient and modern. We learned so much about winemaking and harvesting vines. All that while having so much fun, drinking wine, trying great food and joking around.

Here's a list of places we visited:
- Mount Profitis Ilias which had an amazing view of the island
- Akrotiri site (Phenix arranged a private tour guide for us - Joanna. She was great and very knowledgable, we spent an hour or so walking around the site)
- lunch at To Psaraki - amazing food, first time we tried grilled calamari (to die for!!!)
- Red Beach for a quick stop
- we wondered around Emporio village - very surreal experience, must do on Santorini. There were NO TOURISTS whatsoever.
- ancient vineyard
- 3 great wineries

Thanks to the fact that Phenix knows all the winery people and restaurant owners, we felt we had a special treatment at each place we visited.
What a difference to all the large wine tasting groups that we saw passing us during the day...

if you want to plan a special day, private tour with Phenix is worth every penny!

Needless to say, next time we are on Santorini, we will definitely plan another amazing tour with SAFOWI.

Can't thank you enough, Phenix! You helped us make some of the greatest memories!

Marta and Konrad

SAFOWI, Owner at Safowi, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Hello you two, thank you for such a glowing, comprehensive review!! It was a spectacular day.... perfect for your celebration. I hope the memory keeps you warm for many years to come. Wonderful that you took a longer tour and we were able to get off the beaten track, which is harder and harder to do here because of the popularity of Santorini.
All the Best to you both! Phenix

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Phenix was exceptional! She has a great knowledge of the history of Santorini and shares that on the drive around the island. She has great connections with the wineries and we had a wonderful experience at all of them! The food was also incredible at each place! I loved that we were able to go out in the vineyard and taste the grapes! The cooking class was very enjoyable! The chef was helpful and spoke English well! The food we made was delicious! I've been on many wine tours and cooking classes and this was a great experience. I would highly recommend SAFOWI Tours to everyone!

SAFOWI, Owner at Safowi, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review! That tour is one of the most popular. I am glad you enjoyed it. Keep looking for those Santorini wines back home......

See more reviews
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

It was our 1st time in Santorini and my husband and I are wine lovers...So we saw the reviews from here about SAFOWI I can say it was a beautiful wine tour very learning experience,Phoenix is a very graceful with a lot n passion about Santorini wine n of course Island...She took us to 3 Winery's (by the way she was very kind with our 4 year old daughter...so just remind her a few days before you're taking the tour with young children n by the way pack snacks for the children) show us the places,told us about the history of each place,the tasting areas where beautiful and of course very nice tasting... Phoenix is open to listen your requires and she's wonderful!!! Definitely you can trust your Santorini wine experience with her!!!

SAFOWI, Owner at Safowi, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was truly my pleasure showing you around and your little girl was an absolute delight. I was very pleased that with your background knowledge of wine, you appreciated the wines so much. Hope you can find some of them back home.