Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$452
View deal
Agoda.com
$456
View deal
All reviews game lodge the reserve other guests manager chris beautiful pool great chef personal touch romantic dinner after dark incredible food lion sightings personal experience every meal memorable stay in a heart beat can't wait to visit again home away from home
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2022

A safari experience has always been something I've dreamed of doing, and safe to say that Nungubane exceeded all of my expectations and more. My fiancé and I had an absolutely incredible week away in the bush and for that we have Nungubane Game Lodge to thank.

The staff are so friendly and attentive, by the end of our stay they felt like family. Miriam and Lizzie's cooking was second to none, with various options each day to choose from. Not to mention the quality, presentation and attention to detail is of a particularly high standard.

The facilities are exceptional! Our room was cleaned each day, beds made in the morning and turned down in the evening which was a lovely touch after coming back from the game drives. The pool added the perfect opportunity to cool down throughout the day as we spent time relaxing on the sun loungers. The main deck and lookout points around the lodge were perfect for catching a glimpse of elephants, zebras and giraffes as they moved through the bush or drank from the watering hole.

Throughout our stay we were taken care of by the manager Chris, and two wonderful rangers, Keegan and Anoushka. Thank you so much for making our game drives unforgettable and unique. Keegan and Anoushka have incredible knowledge of the bush and every day felt like a new adventure. We were able to see some fantastic sightings and encounters with wildlife that will stay with us forever and be talked about with friends and family for years to come.

I would confidently recommend Nungubane to anyone and everyone. The value for money is exceptional and we will definitely be back again hopefully very soon.

Thank you again to the team at Nungubane for a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: April 2022
Nungubane Management, General Manager at Nungubane Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2022

Hi Cameron

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us following upon your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that your visit exceeded your expectations and that you thoroughly enjoyed your weeks vacation with us. We so look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards

The Nungubane Team

Reviewed April 14, 2022

Visiting Nungabane lodge was so incredibly special, I don't know where to begin. The whole experience from start to finish was just amazing. The lodge itself is in the most beautiful setting with views for miles over the bush. Each room felt very private and secluded, out in the wilderness with nothing around and the pool area was the perfect place to relax between game drives.

The staff were so amazingly friendly, warm and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone always had a smile on their face. The "family" that has been created within the lodge really shines through every element, creating a truly unique experience. The food was absolutely delicious, we had such a great variety of meals, with options to choose from every day. Coming back to reality and not getting to choose between specials of the day has been a real shock to the system!

The game drives were really wonderful. We had some very memorable and special sightings of so many different animals. Both Keegan and Annushka were so incredibly knowledgable about the wildlife, I learnt so much and with their understanding of the animals we were able to position ourselves in places allowing us the best view points, as the animals went about their daily business.

I also had a massage with Elisa, which was amazing, so relaxing and a lovely treat, I would highly recommend.

Overall we had a totally unforgettable experience, surrounded by the most warm South African hospitality and I already can't wait to go back again ASAP!!!

Room tip: All rooms are secluded and very similar in design. 1 and 5 are furthest from the main lodge.
Date of stay: April 2022
Nungubane Management, General Manager at Nungubane Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2022

hi Jess

Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experiences with the Nungubane Team.. Hospitality is the hallmark of the Nungubane experience and we are so pleased that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warn Regards

The Nungubane Team

Reviewed March 17, 2022 via mobile

I went to Nungubane with my husband for four nights (five days). It was my first time in South Africa and Nungubane completely stole my heart.

Since the very first day the staff and the managers made Nungubane feel like home.

All the meals were AMAZING! Lizzie is an amazing cook, I already miss so much those meals…

We had several masajes with Annie and Elisa, and REALLY I have never been more relaxed in my whole life.

In top of the above, what really made our stay UNFORGETTABLE was our guide, Keegan. He knows so much, and he always took his time to explain everything. We went on mornings and afternoon rides, it is a delight spending so much time with him, we couldn’t have asked for a better guide (which has now become a true friend). Keegan is able to show you the very special unique spots and there is so much that you can learn from him that we cannot wait to come back.

As already said; the management team (Chris and Annouchka) was amazing and the staff was super nice (including Jyan, Martha and Sarah). The rooms are lovely and the facilities are awesome.

I left the lodge with tears on my eyes and I am already planning on coming back. I have fallen in love with Nungubane and its very incredible family that now feels like mine.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nungubane Management, General Manager at Nungubane Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2022

Hi Laura

We are delighted that you had such an amazing experience and memorable time with us. Congeniality is the hallmark of Nungubane experience and our motto is : " A home from home "
The Team looks forward to "welcoming you back home " in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards from The Nungubane Team

Reviewed January 19, 2022

Pack comfortable clothes,cozzie, binocs, bird and plant book. (Extra time if you have got, cause you ain’t going to want to leave)
Without repeating all the previous gushing reviews, staff -obliging and friendly, food -delish , rooms-super clean and private, game drives -exceptional, swimming pool -irresistible

Staff go the extra mile and then more for their guests, Chris and Annushka, thank you . Keegan, the most informed and dedicated guide one could wish for , a huge thank you for opening our eyes to different nuances in the bush .

Absolutely exceptional, we returned back home well relaxed and recharged, thanks to all. Hopefully will be back soon

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Nungubane Management, General Manager at Nungubane Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and wonderful experiences that you had during your recent visit to our Lodge. It was a pleasure having you as our Guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Warm regards from The Nungubane Team

Reviewed November 21, 2021

The staff at Nungubane were very warm and welcoming.and always attentive. The food was amazing. The rooms are spacious and have wonderful views. The reserve is a gem and the ranger very knowledgeable. I was particularly impressed by her emphasis on ethical practices and conservation. The game drives weren’t rushed.
Small but excellent wine list.

Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank annemarievY9148HT
Nungubane Management, General Manager at Nungubane Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2021

Hi Annemarie thank you so much for your kind words .We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and that your visit to our Lodge met with your expectations. Come back and see us soon

From The Nungubane Game Lodge Team.