Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
  • Pool
Sun Resort(Mahe Island)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
Very Good 4/5
Clef des Iles(Mahe Island)
Great 4.5/5
Romance Bungalows(Beau Vallon)
  • Breakfast included
1,073 results
All reviewsother hotelsopen plansunset barour honeymoonupgraded to a suiteinfinity poolwalk along the beachmain restaurantfacing the seaspg platinumocean frontlong beachla diguethe hotel managerother islandsindian oceanhired a car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has great "pluses":

- professional and friendly services
- nice spacious rooms
- best location on a nice stretch of beach
- varied breakfast options

However, I can say with confidence that it needs a major refurbishment and update in the common areas before it starts resembling a 5 star resort.

It is just too basic and rough. Spa also is not even a proper spa. Buffet dinner was overpriced for what it was.

Anyway, it is a great hotel but just nothing that impressive.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank KooChoLondon_UK
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I just checked in and was shocked that this was a starwood hotel! The room is not big and the sea view room is badly design with a small balcony. The shower is located right in the middle of the room and the bathtub is even more central. The toilet is very small and stuffy.
The staff are very slow and there seems to be lack of staff. Inside the room, there is no slipper, and nobody introduced the room facilities to me. For the phone, it is old and no message/sign showing how to dial to receptionist. The button ‘service’ does not work!!
There are no amenities in the room unless you asked for them and it takes a long time for them to arrive. (Actually still not arrived!!). I met with another couple just now and they complained the same below standard experience!
Overall very disappointing!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank samuel ys w
Jason M, Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear samuel ys w,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review through TripAdvisor.

I regret to hear your felt disappointed with the hotel during your check in and would kindly request if you can reach us directly through our front desk or our manager on duty so we can further follow up on your feedback.

Best Regards,

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Seychelles and this location on Mahe Island are idyllic. Unfortunately, the condition of the hotel did not meet my expectations for a 5 star resort. My husband and I were in a one room suite for a week in January. The room was well laid out and the bathroom was exceptional. The bedding the couch cushions inside and out all needed a refresh. This was the feeling I had throughout the property. Plants were sparse in some places, gardening seemed haphazard. Decks and common areas seemed like they needed a coat or pain or finish. I saw there was renovation going on in the main area. I do want to note exceptional service at the spa. They were wonderful. I also thought the food and service at the Parisian restaurant were amazing and met 5 star criteria.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LCSussman
Mariana T, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear LCSussman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review through Trip Advisor.

We are truly sorry to read that the Hotel's condition felt short of your expectations. One of our main priorities is to continuously work on the up-keeping and maintenance of our property.

We would like to thank you for your kind comments on the services provided by the SPA team and we are delighted that you had an amazing experience dining at the Paris Seychelles Restaurant. Your kind feedback has been greatly appreciated by the team.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Seychelles.

With best regards,
Mariana Tirant
Duty & Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited this hotel with my husband in June 2017 (its taken a while to write this review) basically i was diagnosed with cancer in march 2017, and told that my chemotherapy was starting in July 2017...so we booked to have time away together whilst my amazing in-laws looked after our children! The Hotel was amazing, and was just as we had seen in the brochures when we were booking it. Our room was number 1...directly outside of the bar area, and despite being the first room, it was completely private with amazing views over the water! The rooms are fantastic, fabulous layout, and spacious! We spent time by the pool, which was lovely and cool (it seemed to be requiring some maintenance, but was never closed) the bar was relaxed and friendly. We had breakfast each day which was lovely and varied and fresh, and the staff were always very welcoming! In fact, the staff were amazing!!!! I was very ill whilst at the hotel, but the staff were fantastic and constantly checked up on me!! The local hospital was also fantastic! The hotel staff knew i was very poorly, and were always keen to help, they did all they could! They would regularly contact my husband, and provided us with fresh fruit and contact details for the staff on duty! the chef even made me a special soup when i was unable to manage any other food! i would particularly like to thank Mariana Tirant (duty & guest Relations Manager). I am sorry it taken so long to write this review, but i can highly recommend this hotel as it is in a great location, you can walk along the beach and eat in other restaurants. You can easily catch buses to other parts of the island, and its such a picturesque beach, you could simply stay at the hotel and enjoy that! We also ate at the restaurant in the hotel, which was the best meal we ate on the whole trip! we hope to return with our family in the future!

Room Tip: ones closer to the beach seem to be better!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrsredmoid
Reviewed March 13, 2018

This is a really nice hotel. Great service when you need it but laid back the rest of the time. The rooms are beautiful we had a lovely room with a view to die for and our own double lounger on the terrace perfect for relaxing (room 142). The pool is nice and well kept and its a short stroll along the beach into town for the bars and restaurants (but at night can be tricky with the mosquitoes & its much further along the road). We ate in the Paris restaurant which i have to say on the night we where there was very quiet and lacked atmosphere for the price in addition the food in my own opinion does not merit to the price point. The breakfast was one of the best i have encountered and could not be faulted for selection or quality. The bar menu and food was also very good and we ate in here on one evening. We used the snorkeling equipment and enjoyed the free yoga class while we where there which was very relaxing. The coral is very damaged at Beau Vallon so it was nice to see the hotel doing something to try and rehabilitate it through their education programme. few additional points to aid the conservation programme would be to offer glass refill bottles for water in the room rather than the plastic bottles provided. Additional tip woudl be to join teh starwood preferred guest programme and book direclty via the webpage you will get better discounts and rooms and also be eligibel for discounts once you arrive- we did and it was well worth doing.

Room Tip: choose a front line room with a view book via webpage
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple