“Average at best”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Breakfast was ok. Nothing to write home about. Understaffed for sure. Several places were closed because of the holiday or seasons end. Decor definitely eclectic.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We did not have a reservation and were just looking for a good meal and we found it at the Docks. The food was excellent, the service was fantastic, and the atmosphere was great. The musician who was playing requests made the warm breeze coming off the lake even better.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My daughter saw the sign out front advertising crab cakes (which she loves), so we thought we'd head to the Docks for a Sunday family dinner. Unfortunately, after we'd ordered and waited a bit, our waitress informed us they'd run out of crab cakes. My daughter was disappointed (as we were for her), but ordered something else. I can't speak for the rest of the family, but my fish fry wasn't much to write home about. I, too, was disappointed. That being said, our waitress (who seemed new), was very solicitous and did a great job. Next time we're in Mayville, we likely will try out a neighboring restaurant...

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Stopped after lunch hour on a Saturday afternoon. They were happy to let our dog join us at a table outside. The exterior decor is lobster traps (totally land-locked) and a boat hanging from the ceilings. The furniture could use some tlc (i saw the padding of more than one chair), but the service was friendly and quick. Started with the lobster bisque which was creamy and delicious. Then had the Maryland Crab Cake Sandwich. It could have used a little less onion and a little longer cook time, but it was pretty good. The spicy aioli served with it was a little too hot for crab. My companion had the Carolina bbq sandwich which was good, unexpectedly hot but not unpleasantly so (though I thought it was very sweet in the little bite I had). It's a pleasant place to while away some time with a view of the lake, though the road is between the restaurant and the lake.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

We have been to this lakeside restaurant several times over the years and had pretty good service and food. Not this time. The french fries were cold and soggy, the fish had obviously just been pulled out of the freezer, breaded and thrown into the deep fryer. The waitress did not know the difference between Chardonnay and Cabernet. The restaurant was dirty. Never again