“Worst Airline and Even worst customer service”
Review of JetBlue

Reviewed 12 August 2021

Terrible service. My elderly parents were flying on a non stop flight. I paid extra so they would come on a non stop flight. However, the flight was stop in middle for "unknown" reasons. My parents were given no estimated time. Stuck at a random airport. They were not given any food or water. The airport they stopped at had all the restaurant closed by the time they landed, so they couldn't even purchase any food on their own. The flight was supposed to be 5 hours, but just their layover was 12 hours. My parents could not take any medication without food and my dad's blood pressure went up and he almost passed out with the stress and the wait without food. Aftermath, I tried contacting them and the customer service put us on hold for 3 HOURS! Once I finally got hold of them, the lady was the RUDEST person ever. She wasn't apological at all. She said she can't do anything about it. They later send me an email with $200 refund on future flights. But 2 months later, I still haven't received anything about it. In order to get that $200, I am placed on another hour long wait for customer service and still they don't give me friendly or the refund back.

Date of travel: June 2021
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (18,228)

Reviewed 12 August 2021

I recently had terrible experience with JetBlue. I give them 0 if I could.
I booked a travel for my family on JetBlue web site. Next day decided to check the reservation and discovered that it was not active any more. Keep in mind that I did not receive any notifications.
Started to call customer support. I was told that because of COVID (?) my reservation was canceled. When I ask for explanation and ask to talk to manager they just hung up on me. I tried 3 more time with the same result: they refused to reinstate my reservation, refused to connect me with the manager and also refused to reimburse me - all that they offered was a credit. At some point they offered to reinstate my request if I pay additional $161 per ticket. And they never even apologize.
Worst experience with airline company in my live.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

Both my flight on the way and back was delayed one day. One flight is understandable since it was wether related, but returning flight was because of them not having enough pilot. I was at airport until 4am, and the JetBlue staff came over if I can find a hotel to stay and she told me that JetBlue will refund the cost, $200+ . So I went ahead to stay in a hotel so I can get at least few hours of sleep instead of staying in freezing airport. I got back, and tried to reach the customer service, but it is always 4-5 hours wait. I finally get into the chat, and received a form to fill out. They refused to refund.
Their organization at Newark airport was horrible too. People were stuck at the gate. No where to sit, and over floating. They made us sit in the airplane for 4 hours.
Very very disappointed with their service. People were very frustrated. The worst is to lie straight in my face to say they will refund and they did not.

Date of travel: July 2021
Reviewed 11 August 2021

There were a number of passengers ignoring the mask requirements and the flight attendants did not speak with them.

One was across the aisle from me and that passenger had stopped eating 10 minutes earlier.

Another was a mom with a baby. She stood up and walked the aisle without her mask for at least 15 minutes, in plain sight of all.

Even when we were deplaning, a man stood in the plane with mask missing and no one said a word to him.

The flight attendants made generic PA announcements about wearing masks, but never directly said a word to anyone NOT wearing one (or wearing one below the chin).

Even when I mentioned to the flight attendant about the situation, she just replied that she would make an announcement.

Does JetBlue have a policy of not directly talking with passengers who are behaving in an unsafe manner?

A month earlier I was on United, and it was the opposite. They were polite but direct. That felt a thousand times safer with the highly contagious Delta variant afoot.

Related but small: there were no handwipes given out to passengers, either.

Having great technology onboard, which JetBlue has, is nothing compared to passenger safety, which did not appear to be a priority on that flight.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

Jet blue is the worst airline will never take them again first the tvs didn't work than the reroute use in mid air to another airport . than they wouldn't tell anyone how they were going to get from jfk to Newark. After siting on the runway after landing for 1 hour cause it was raining and they didn't want to open the gate they than inform us after everyone called the transportation to go the rerouted airport thag there gonna refuel and go to newark now. And said if anyone wants to get off they can but without there luggage. So we had to leave our luggage behind . i hope this airline gets sued and ran out of business....

Date of travel: August 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.