“Understaffed, dishonest, and dirorganized”
Review of JetBlue

Reviewed 11 August 2021

Both my flight on the way and back was delayed one day. One flight is understandable since it was wether related, but returning flight was because of them not having enough pilot. I was at airport until 4am, and the JetBlue staff came over if I can find a hotel to stay and she told me that JetBlue will refund the cost, $200+ . So I went ahead to stay in a hotel so I can get at least few hours of sleep instead of staying in freezing airport. I got back, and tried to reach the customer service, but it is always 4-5 hours wait. I finally get into the chat, and received a form to fill out. They refused to refund.
Their organization at Newark airport was horrible too. People were stuck at the gate. No where to sit, and over floating. They made us sit in the airplane for 4 hours.
Very very disappointed with their service. People were very frustrated. The worst is to lie straight in my face to say they will refund and they did not.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (18,286)

Reviewed 11 August 2021

There were a number of passengers ignoring the mask requirements and the flight attendants did not speak with them.

One was across the aisle from me and that passenger had stopped eating 10 minutes earlier.

Another was a mom with a baby. She stood up and walked the aisle without her mask for at least 15 minutes, in plain sight of all.

Even when we were deplaning, a man stood in the plane with mask missing and no one said a word to him.

The flight attendants made generic PA announcements about wearing masks, but never directly said a word to anyone NOT wearing one (or wearing one below the chin).

Even when I mentioned to the flight attendant about the situation, she just replied that she would make an announcement.

Does JetBlue have a policy of not directly talking with passengers who are behaving in an unsafe manner?

A month earlier I was on United, and it was the opposite. They were polite but direct. That felt a thousand times safer with the highly contagious Delta variant afoot.

Related but small: there were no handwipes given out to passengers, either.

Having great technology onboard, which JetBlue has, is nothing compared to passenger safety, which did not appear to be a priority on that flight.

Date of travel: August 2021
Reviewed 11 August 2021

Jet blue is the worst airline will never take them again first the tvs didn't work than the reroute use in mid air to another airport . than they wouldn't tell anyone how they were going to get from jfk to Newark. After siting on the runway after landing for 1 hour cause it was raining and they didn't want to open the gate they than inform us after everyone called the transportation to go the rerouted airport thag there gonna refuel and go to newark now. And said if anyone wants to get off they can but without there luggage. So we had to leave our luggage behind . i hope this airline gets sued and ran out of business....

Date of travel: August 2021
Reviewed 10 August 2021

Family vacation of 9 booked travel to All inclusive resort in Punta Cana. Flight left Orlando on Saturday afternoon and arrived in San Juan, PR for connecting flight to Punta Cana. Flight then was delayed by an hour and asking the gate personnel we were informed that the 'Ground crew" has failed to show up yet. Minutes later, while getting food for my children, I received an email the flight was cancelled.
One back at the gate, the entire passenger manifest was in a long line to inquire about the next steps.
We waited 5 hours to speak to gate agent, we were then told that the next available flight was 2 days from now and the closest airport would be SANTO DOMINGO-- 3 HOURS DRIVE FROM OUR HOTEL!!
We then had to beg and plead for a place to stay in PR. They finally agreed to after all of us complained that my little kids couldn't sleep on the floor nor could our 85 year old grandmother do the same.
They proceeded to provide food vouchers for $300 for 2 days at the hotel for 9 people.
While exiting the PR airport we had to provide proof of vaccination or testing within 48hours, which was impossible on the weekend. We were then subject to $300 fine for everyone in our party (9).
Two days later, we once again were delayed 2 1/12 hours for our flight to Santo Domingo. Finally at arrival, we took a van to the hotel and arrived at 8pm, lost two days of our vacation, incurred $1k in expenses during our two days along with fines.

Once back home, I contact customer service and they are willing to do NOTHING to compensate both fines or costs incurred by staying in PR.

The canned response was, you should have had insurance.

I understand weather related cancellations but not a labor issue. This, if your reading other reviews, is happening very frequently.

Bite the bullet and pay a little more for a more reputable airlines. I will NEVER use them again and will tell EVERYONE to avoid this airlines like the plague!

Reviewed 10 August 2021

going to Punta Cana we arrived at the airport 3 hours early as Jet Blue asked us to do, all along flight status said on time even seeing the plane outside thinking yes a great start to our vacation but as time went by no calls to board the plane, then Jet Blue stated they do not have a pilot to fly the plane and he was in New Jersey on his way here so would be over 1 hour delay, my stupid mind thinks Jet Blue already knows this would happen but treat us as sheep and just do not care about the passengers On the plane OMG the flight attendants kept yelling GET YOUR MASKS ON OR YOU CAN GO TO JAIL , I sat in row 2 so I heard them talking to each other one said he saw 3 passengers with their masks below their nose and then he went to yell at all of us, no wonder why issues on planes now . Return flight Jet Blue made us stand in line for almost 3 hours to check our bags with no AC at the airport 1 person passed out in line . Jet Blue was a good airline now the worst I have flown even worse than Spirit

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.