Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
KMYates
Chicago

Great time!

Review of Boro Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 5, 2022via mobile
We traveled from Chicago to spend a few days in NYC for our anniversary- we didn’t want to stay in Manhattan and this hotel was a perfect location for us! The surrounding area doesn’t look great but it was fine- being from another big city it wasn’t a big deal to us at all- we felt safe walking to and from places and trains at night- but again we’re from a big city and just used to being in that kind of environment.

Close to the train for easy and cheap access to literally everywhere. We took the train to Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yankee stadium all from the hotel. We also walked to Steinway st from the hotel- close to restaurants/shops and bars.

We were given a room on a lower floor and we asked to be higher up or if we can upgrade and they had no issue accompanying us.
The rooms are very minimal and very lofty-
concrete walls big windows, really beautiful if that’s what you’re looking for- they gave us a list of everything that was available to be delivered to the room if we needed it. We ordered a small fridge and an iron/ironing board. Delivered with no issues.

The view from the room was beautiful. One night was a bad thunderstorm and watching it from the big glass window was so pretty.

Everyone there was helpful and friendly. I felt like this was a great hotel for couples or trips with no kids- I wouldn’t say it’s not kid friendly but I know my kids would probably get bored there as it seems more designed for adults.

My only complaint was the bed, it was very loud the minute you sat on it- so when sleeping and anyone moved it was really loud and I would wake up. Comfort level wasn’t bad just really loud.

I would definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great time!
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Responded Jun 27, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to give us a helpful review. Our staff will be glad to hear they could be so helpful and we carefully consider all your feedback. Happy Anniversary-- We hope your stay at Boro was very romantic!

₱10,900
  • Skyscanner.com
0.6 km from Boro Hotel
View more hotels in Long Island City
1,248 results
All reviews floor to ceiling windows manhattan view minimalist design rooftop bar boutique hotel industrial look luggage rack new york balcony room few blocks street parking gloria city nyc subway lic neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2022

Hello, just wanted to leave a quick review about my experience at Boro. I dealt with Jane and she is the MOST helpful person at a hotel I have always dealt with. I was in a little bit of a pickle on my trip and she was very, VERY empathetic to my situation, professional, caring and really cared and helped me greatly. This sole reason would be a reason for me to come back to this hotel. It is also trendy and a great location. Highly recommended if you're going to visit NYC. Thank you, Jane!!!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Guest Services Team Member, Guest Services / Front Office at Boro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2022

We are so glad to hear Jane has been so helpful! She will be thrilled she could help you out so much.

Reviewed May 25, 2022

I went to NY just last week on a trip with my friends and we got kicked out of our last hotel because we were under 21. We were panicking and didn't have a place to sleep for the night, so I called this hotel as a last minute attempt to find a room and the desk people (Liz and David) were SO kind and understanding to me and my friends. They thankfully had a room for us, and let us in immediately. We felt very cared for and the hotel itself was so pretty and comfortable. It saved our trip and made it so so much better. I could not be more grateful for everything they did for us and I will always remember their kindness. If I ever want to stay in Long Island City / Queens again, I would 100% book this hotel!

Date of stay: May 2022

We're so glad to hear David and Liz could help. We hope we enjoyed your trip to NYC and hope you'll stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2022 via mobile

So very disappointed
The rooms are not as they appear online. The walls are exposed concrete block with gray picket type fencing as decoration.
The mattresses are almost futon like, not comfortable. There is no closet, dresser or any type of furniture to at least place your luggage and no fridge. The night stand is a wobbly small round metal table. Not one outlet for phone or computer charging.
The toilet would run continuously unless we jiggled the handle. Internet did not work most of the three days we were there. Apparently that’s always a problem, but you’re still charged.
There was confusion with our room reservation as the hotel had us checking out a day earlier. They were unyielding and charged us $500 for the last night, instead of our $320 per night rate.
The only good thing I can mention is that it was clean.

We would not recommend nor would We ever consider staying here again
Dale Mantell and Jill Krystofinski

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jillski440
Guest Services Team Member, Guest Services / Front Office at Boro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2022

Dear Dale & Jill,

We sincerely apologize that the stay did not meet your expectations. Our rooms have a minimal design however there are additional amenities that are available upon request such as a luggage rack and mini fridge. We tried reaching out to you directly via phone and your email. We hope to be able to connect with you regarding your feedback.

Reviewed May 22, 2022 via mobile

This is a nice little hotel in a quiet part of Queens, but close to good food, several subway stations (2 or 3 stops and you’re in Manhattan), and places where you can leave your car while you’re in the city. It’s also a reasonable walk from the developing Queens waterfront area along the East River. The WiFi being unreliable was honestly the only downside to the experience. The restaurant inside the hotel has a lot of options and fair prices, so if you’re worn out from your day you don’t even have to leave.

Room tip: Plan for parking before you go - a number of valet lots to choose from.
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Patricia,

We place great value on guest feedback at Boro. We're so sorry for any inconveniences with Wi-Fi, our local provider had problems but the issue has now been completely resolved. We hope you'll come back for another stay sometime soon.

Best, Boro Management.

Reviewed May 19, 2022

Love this boutique hotel! It was in the perfect location for my family, close to Manhattan and to places in Queens, where we were visiting. The staff was wonderful and responsive. And the city view is everything!

My family thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay here.

Room tip: Pick the rooms with views of Queensborough Bridge and Manhattan; simply stunning at night and early morning!
Date of stay: May 2022

Making the whole family happy and comfortable is very important to us! We are thrilled that your stay was so wonderful. We hope you'll return sometime soon!