Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
David L
Coxsackie, United States

Hidden gem in Long Island City!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 14, 2024via mobile
The Hilton Garden Inn LIC is a hidden gem within the hustle and bustle of NYC and more specifically Queensboro Plaza area. From arrival, warm smiles, being welcomed and acknowledging loyalty status, the expectations of my stay were being given a super high bar. After a smooth checkin and clear direction were given to my room, the story only gets better. Clean and cozy room, comfortable bed and the stylish Garden Inn accommodations that I’ve come to expect did not disappoint. “Everyone is Welcome Here” is certainly an understatement.

After settling in the front desk was able to provide information about the subway (2 min walk to the E & M at Queens Plaza , 7 and N at Queensboro Plaza) and a 3 min-ish walk to coffee shops, drug store, and a great food court concept establishment were provided and appreciated. The neighborhood is clean and feels safe.

Had the opportunity to have a couple drinks under the caring, friendly and welcoming hospitality of the bartenders. Although, I didn’t really take advantage of the restaurant - heard nothing but good reviews about the food.

So, now to the problems with my stay, because I look for those, as inevitably something may come up - it’s all in how any problems are addressed and handled. First, the battery died in the safe. I stopped by the front desk - it was fixed within the hour. Second, I wanted extra bath towels, not really a problem - more of a request and those too were brought to my room within a short time of request. This is a 17 story hotel and may take a little time for staff to get to your room. Although, elevators move pretty efficiently and are not shoe boxes like other NYC hotels. Lastly, I had to check out - it was such an awesome stay I didn’t want to leave. :)

Parking is right next door to the hotel. It was suggested that on the weekends that you make a reservation in advance to secure parking and I did so I wouldn’t have to find parking elsewhere.

I had two stays at this great hotel once in April and once in the beginning of June. I will certainly be back even if my trip to NYC area is focused in Manhattan, the ease of accessing the subway is great!

Shout out to the front desk staff for accommodating my requests, the bartenders for continuing the warm vibe and experience, and certainly to maintenance and housekeeping for keeping the building clean and operating. And to the front desk and bartender who directed me to the right, or in this case the left elevator for my stylish room with a view. ;) I greatly appreciated your humor and warm welcome when coming back each night during my stay. Thank you Hilton Garden Inn - a property Hilton should be super proud to have as part of their portfolio.
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: Reserve parking if driving in especially on the weekend. The hotel staff will provide you with...
Trip type: Traveled on business
    ₱6,014
  • StayForLong
View more hotels in Long Island City
1,215 results
All reviews new york queens plaza queensboro plaza subway station convenient location would definitely stay here again times square hotel is located hgi lobby manhattan city stops jfk uber airtrain lic
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2024 via mobile

We had 5 nights here, the second time we’ve stayed here from the U.K.

This hotel is comfortable. Nice quiet room. Pleasant public areas including the bar and a useful shop. Breakfast is simple but full of goodies and very well served.

Out diamond status was well recognised, but you won’t need that to enjoy this hotel..

Public transport from 2 very close subway stations makes all of Manhattan and other parts of Queens really easy to get to. The Q32 bus, and others, are easy too. We travelled from JGK and to LGA airports easily on public transport, at $2.90. Not even the JFK Skytrain needed.

The area around the hotel is busy and fun. The 24 hour Hudson Food Market 2 doors down is great for a hot meal or snack.

But finally this hotel’s real strength again is its highly motivated and friendly staff. They truly could not have done more for us and really cared. Special mentions to Eli and Siobhan on reception and Endy and Steven in the restaurant. But all the others too. They made it a special stay.

Room tip: Don’t worry about not being in Manhattan. This hotel is well located and connected.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2024

great place but terrible service. Booked thru expedia got there they charged me an extra $193 plus the $163 i paid on expedia. Complain the next day they said 5-7 business days i will get the $ back. called back 7 days later they said it will take a month

Room tip: make sure you pay there not online or pay thru hilton website. The people at the hotel are no help
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2023 via mobile

I gave it a 5 star rating because of employee, Shavon Mobley, who helped me today to get to the airport. I hadn't even been staying there. I wasn't lost exactly but I didn't know how to get to LaGuardia. She called me a cab, checked me in for my flight, printed my boarding passes, and gave me a bottle of water. She was my savior angel today.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed September 13, 2023

I had a king bed room on a corner of the building. It was oddly shaped room and had very small space for two adults to move around. The king bed was too close to the wall which made it difficult to get out of bed, and when you closed the curtains tl block out the outside light, it was very inconvenient to get out.

Date of stay: September 2023
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed September 6, 2023

This hotel is located on a subway/metro line and near local eateries and stores. About 10 yards/meters away is a small store open 24 hours for food and staples. Very easy metro rides into Flushing or Manhattan. Hotel was clean and room was perfect for 2.

Date of stay: August 2023