Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
steviep9
East Kilbride, United Kingdom

Great value / highly recommend

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 5, 2023via mobile
Extremely good value for money! It’s not in central Manhattan, however it’s a short 5 min walk to two subway lines, which are suburban however we as a family felt safe.
The rooms are basic, as expected of a 3* hotel but big enough to cater for a family of 5. Beds could have been comfier and there is a very busy railway line across the road which woke us a couple of times. However that’s not the hotels fault.
Staff were very friendly and welcomed us.
The best part of this hotel is the breakfast. Cereals, toast, bagals and freshly made waffles wkth bacon/sausage/potatoes/eggs were all excellent and set us up for long days in the city, saved us a ton of money too.
Highly recommend for a budget family stay.
Date of stay: June 2023
    ₱11,037
  • Algotels
1.4 km from Feather Factory Hotel
View more hotels in Long Island City
All reviews rooms are basic subway station sized room minute walk new york excellent location midtown manhattan yogurt stops proximity lobby noise commuters fridge city luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2023

Excelente hotel, muy buena ubicación y con varias rutas de metro para acceder a NY, Brooklyn o Queens, La atención en el front desk es muy buena.
Con respecto a las habitaciones son amplias, muy limpias y muy cómodas.
Súper recomendado para visitar New York.

Excellent hotel, very well located with several subway routes to access NY, Brooklyn or Queens. The front desk staff is very attentive. Regarding the rooms, they are spacious, very clean and very comfortable. Highly recommended for visiting New York.

Room tip: Esta es una excelente opción de hospedaje en New York
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2023

The actual quality of the hotel is fine, and for the most part my interactions with employees during my actual stay were great. The only downside of my stay was that there was a constant high pitched noise coming from the elevator every 15-30 seconds that never stopped. It was piercing and it was clear that everybody on my floor struggled to sleep because of it. Multiple times I would hear people come out into the hall to investigate, only to walk back to their room in defeat. I barely got any sleep for the 1 night I stayed there.

HOWEVER, even that experience did not push me to write a review. What instead has urged me to write this is what has occurred 2 weeks after my stay. I noticed there are 2 charges on my credit card for a 1 night stay. One of these charges is correct, but the other is for a random amount ($30 more than the correct charge) and has nothing to do with the deposit you are required to place down.

So I called the hotel today to resolve this. The front desk person was EXTREMELY rude right off the bat and unhelpful. I realized they were not going to be of any use, so I decided to end the phone call and go through my bank to dispute the charge. I then got a text message from a random personal New York number accusing me of being a scammer followed by 10 laughing emojis. The front desk employee took my personal cell number from the reservation info, and texted it from his personal number.

Not only is this extremely unprofessional, but also a pretty clear breach of privacy. LADIES PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. If it was that easy for this employee to use my personal number for his own purposes, I can only imagine how easy it is for him to do the same thing for more nefarious reasons.

I have contacted the hotel and provided this story as well as the employee's phone number and have urged them to take action immediately.

TLDR: didn't get any sleep on my stay, was double charged on my credit card, and my personal number was taken by an employee and used to contact me from his personal number to accuse me of being a scammer.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Julien N
Reviewed December 20, 2022

This hotel is totally underrated. I spent a week there in November following a recommendation from a friend. But had I paid attention to the ratings I read on Trip advisor and other pages, I would have been very hesitant.

it is the first hotel I stayed near Mahattan that ticks all the boxes.
Location - Excellent. It is two stops away by Subway from Midtown Manhattan.
Cleaniness and Ambiance - on point, it is not "the Ritz Carton" as one of their hotel staff told me when I called to cross check the situation after seeing some horrible reviews. He said you are guaranteed to have a good stay. and I proved him right.

The room is way above basic, you get a large and comfortable enough bed. It is very clean. you also get a fridge, a study and TV. The bathroom is way more spacious and comfortable than I saw in reviews. In fact, it is very clean and spacious enough. I had zero complaints.

They also offer free tea, coffee and vending machine for other snacks in the lobby. I was also told they offer breakfast for a very reasonable fee although I did not try the breakfast.

It is particularly ideal for a business travel or tourist coming to NYC and looking for a good deal on hotel. You get good facilities, excellent location for a way more reasonable price that NYC often offers. I'd full heartedly recommend it to anyone.

Micheal at the reception was super super super kind and untiring with answering my endless question on directions and related during my stay. Very grateful!

Date of stay: November 2022
Reviewed October 5, 2022 via mobile

We came to visit for a five day trip to NYC and found this cozy hotel with a competitive price. One of the amenities we especially liked was the proximity to stations serviced by E and 7 lines which take you directly into the city, both within 5-10 minute walk.

Another amenity worth noting is the breakfast, you will want to add it to your reservation when you book. The breakfast selection is fairly standard (choice of any of the following: waffle or pancakes, eggs, potatoes, yogurt, fruit, sausage; eggs with cereal, coffee and juices). The benefit being it’s served starting at 7am so for tourists wanting to get an early start look no further than the 5th floor. We used the time in the morning to discuss plans over breakfast.

One complaint I saw others have is the noise from the rail yard however during our stay here we really didn’t notice it and was not bothered by it.

The location of the hotel is walking distance to many small downtown restaurants and night life which was very welcome as we could easily grab a small bite or a night cap before returning to the hotel.

We booked a single king sized room which is good for two people, it was clean and the daily cleaning from the staff helped keep it that way. The room had a decently sized television, fridge and plenty of under bed space for keeping our luggage. The room also had a safe.

The staff was attentive and friendly, with a decently stocked commissary (plenty of pre made and packaged snacks), thank fully we had no issues with our stay and had no need to contact them besides greeting o
Them on our way out for the day.

If you are looking for a friendly stay with breakfast every morning I would highly recommend the feather factory.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2022 via mobile

Located in the ghetto and close to the rails, it is noisy and your sleep gets disrupted. The rooms are basic, there isn't even a wardrobe inside.
I needed the urgent assistance of the stuff, but the boy at the reception was inadequate and did not want to assist.

Date of stay: September 2022