“Amazing ”
Review of Lake Placid Chocolatier - CLOSED

Lake Placid Chocolatier
More attraction details
Owner description: Artisan chocolates made in small batches using Belgian chocolate, the finest, freshest ingredients, and no preservatives. We offer a wide array of truffles, sea salt caramels, butter crunches, (including our infamous Tamarack Sea Salt Butter Crunch), barks, s'mores, homemade marshmallows, bars and other delight specialty confections. And we offer the best hot chocolate in town made with real dark Belgian chocolate and our own homemade marshmallows.
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

The lady that owns it was awesome.. we had a great conversation.. and was awesome at giving advice about local establishments.. the chocolate was absolutely fabulous :)

Kate M, Owner at Lake Placid Chocolatier, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thank you for the "awesome" review--we try very hard to be awesome in everything we do, especially our customer service--we love our customers!

Reviewed 24 April 2016

The best chocolates, bar none. Excpetional service by the chocomeister herself. The epitome of a "kid in a candy store." Gives the cliche a whole new meaning. They had to drag me out of there with a tow truck.

Kate M, Owner at Lake Placid Chocolatier, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Wow...a "nonpariel" review! We work hard to give our customers exceptional service, beautiful packaging, a charmingly decorated shop, AND wonderfully devine chocolates. But all that is nothing without our fabulous customers! Thank you!

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

What a pleasant shopping experience! Chocolate is delicious and well worth the fair price. We were told it is made in small batches on premises. The lady that helped us was so nice. I'm going back again before vacation is over!!!

Kate M, Owner at Lake Placid Chocolatier, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2016

Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to our shop, and of course, our chocolates. It is always nice to receive kudos from our customers.
Kate

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Upon entering the Lake Placid Chocolatier, I knew it was different than your average chocolate shop. I, personally, am not a chocolate person, but I love wandering into unique shops. Not only was the shop decorated beautifully, but her presentation was phenomenal as well. As said by others, she truly has turned chocolate into an art form. Though I mentioned that I was just wandering around, she offered me a sample and we continued to converse for quite some time. She is a retired school principal who decided to switch it up and make gorgeous and delicious chocolates. Let me just say, she is doing one hell of a job. Keep up the amazing work, and I can assure you I will be back once again.

Fabulous review--thank you! I love the mention of "chocolate into an art from"--that is exactly what I try to do from the making the chocolates, to decorating the shop, to the interaction with our customers--so glad you noticed it all!

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 April 2016

If you live her or just coming for a visit do not miss stopping in to pick up these amazing chocolates! My favorite is the dark chocolate eggs. The owner crafts these all by hand right in the shop. She will let you try certain flavors each day and always explains each magnificent option. Who doesn't love chocolate!

Kate M, Owner at Lake Placid Chocolatier, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Thank you! We are so glad you love our chocolates, especially the dark chocolate coconut bird's nest--one of our favorites, too.