See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I read different reviews and some said it’s fine for one night if you have a layover at JFK, and that they offer a shuttle service which I really needed - we’ll, they don’t.
They lady at the front desk was probably the worst receptionist I’ve met.
The people (either guest or employees) smelled like weed and looked homeless.
Due to a fire drill nobody who was working there knew what to do and they were just historically running around and couldn’t figure out how to turn of the alarm.
I just wanted to stay for one night since I had an overnight layover at JFK but in the end I went back to the airport and stayed there till the next morning. Not even the shift manager cared about me checking in or the guests who arrived shortly after me (who left as well to find a different hotel)

Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel for one night as we arrived late at JFK. At first everything seemed great, it offered a free shuttle bus and free breakfast - great!
But as soon as we’d booked, we received an email from the hotel saying neither of these things are included anymore. We responded requesting a discount as half the reason we booked it was for these two amenities. We got nothing back.

Fast forward a month or so and our flights changed, so we emailed the hotel and asked them to cater for our late check in. Again, nothing. No acknowledgement of email whatsoever.

As luck would have it, we didn’t need to even go to the hotel as our flight changed so dramatically.

Lack of response, uncourteous management of guests and false advertisement - do not book here. We will be emailing Booking.com to have them advertisement removed or amended as it dupes many!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Wow, where do I start? I stupidly thought this was a Hilton hotel, since the name was so similar. It was gross, unclean, and unsafe.

Pros: near airport

Cons:
No security whatsoever, even safety lock latch to our hotel room was broken.
Place reeks of weed
Place is full of people drinking at 7am, walking around hallways and stumbling
Parking is a joke - on street. It's up to you to find a spot.
Tiny rooms. Poorly maintained. The tub alone was gross enough - mold and mildew.
Windows in our room would not stay closed.
A.C., when working, is loud as beck
Front desk staff do not speak very good English.
We slept on top of the covers - too afraid to sleep under them.

Overall, for the price I paid - this place was a total disappointment. I would at least expect a sense of safety and security. Don't bother.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here after landing at JFK around 9 pm. The hotel is dark and dated. Staff was friendly but overall the neighbor was sketchy and too many men hanging out in front of hotel...not threatening but somewhat too friendly and in various states of intoxication. Rooms were clean but no shuttle to/from airport ("discontinued") as was the breakfast. Overall disappointed. Parking was behind hotel in poorly lighted lot.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I booked a hotel room from the Garden Inn and Suites 151-20 Baisley Blvd at JFK on 09/07/2017 for the date of May 18, 2018. I called on 09/13/2017 to cancel this reservation and talked to Louise who left a message to the manager of this hotel to call me the on 09/14/2017. No one called me on this date. I also called again later this day and left a message on his phone to call me. The manager never returned the call.
Again I called on 09/14/2017 and Louise e-mailed the manager. Today is 09/15/2017 and no one has called back.
Louise is doing what she can, but the manager does not care and to me wants me to pay the bill. Then they will find another person that day and make more money if I do not show up.
This hotel has a cancelation policy that they do not recognize and should be reported to the BBB.
These people know how to call me.

Room Tip: Do not anticipate a refund when you book in advance
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family