“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Tellers

Tellers
Reserve with OpenTable
Tellers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Islip
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Islip Ave Route 111
Transit: Islip Train Station
Description: Tellers is not just a Chophouse. It’s an institution. Born out of an old bank, Tellers delights visually with the original Mosler Vault serving as our wine vault at the heart of Tellers and a dining room set inside sky-high ceilings and 30 foot vertical windows. Our Chef constructs progressive takes on the classics, but let’s the traditional Chophouse fare take center stage, with USDA PRIME, 21-day dry aged beef as our cornerstone. The Gold Bar pays homage to classic bars of years past. Enjoy lunch in Prime’s dining room, our fireplace lounge or at our bar. Host your event or celebrate your special occasion in the timelessness that is Tellers: An American Chophouse.
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We always go to Tellers for our anniversary. We’ve had a good experience every time, and this time was no different. Our waiter, Kevin, was attentive but not smothering. He made sure our food came out perfectly, kept our drinks filled, and made sure everything came out to our liking. My filet mignon Wellington was out of this world and my husband’s filet mignon was delicious as well, both cooked exactly how we asked. We got the train wreck potatoes (so good) and creamed spinach as sides. This is not an inexpensive place to go for dinner, so if you’re looking to save money this is not the place for you. We will definitely be back again next year.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Many years ago Tellers restaurant was a very fine dining experience. Quite pricey, but food & service was good. Then last year, my husband & I made a reservation for a preholiday dinner. It was terrible...in every way...the food was almost inedible, plus were treated poorly. The service was unacceptable..no fork at place setting and after telling the server, the meal arrived and still had no fork...had to ask again, which seemed to annoy our waiter..waited for fork again food now cold. Any time our server was asked for something (they forgot to bring something we ordered, and we decided to not even ask for it again after the missing fork incident). We were served watered down drinks and dry turkey along with gloppy gravy and way overseasoned stuffing. With the food going cold, being made to feel as if we were "bothering" the waiter, long watits between courses.
This was all in all a really big disapointment. Overpriced and overrated. Sorry but not going back!For a much better dining experience try the Irish Coffee Pub. Really good food & service and reasonably priced.

3  Thank Geri M
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My Aunt, Uncle and myself came to Teller’s on a Sunday at 5:30 for dinner. It was my first visit but my family has been there for lunch and loved but this was all of our first visit for dinner.
This restaurant is located inside a bank that was built in 1910 and was most recently a Chase Bank ( according to our waiter.) The dining room has large almost floor to ceiling original paned windows and the bank’s vault is still there although it is holding the wine now. The decor is lovely. It’s a very comfortable setting. The bar/lounge area has a fireplace which was roaring the night we went. Anyone who wanted to have an event at this locale would have lovely photos.
The food was delicious. The prices were high. Very high. I’m not familiar with this area however I’m certain the other restaurants nearby aren’t as expensive. This being a Sunday, there was a fixed price menu that included a three course selection for $45 per person. You will find everything is ala cart, or course, but this fixed price menu is a good choice if you want to keep the bill under $200. I had the Crispy skin Salmon and the lobster bisque as and appetizer. Both were wonderful. My Aunt had the Beef Wellington and the bisque; my uncle kept it simple with a filet and a tomato salad. They thoroughly enjoyed each bite. For dessert we all shared vanilla ice cream, creme brule, and cheesecake.
The service was abysmal. We were seated immediately and our drink order taken. Our waiter took our order and a few moments later the appetizer were brought out. Then...... nothing. For the next 36 minutes not one person from that restaurant came to our table to see if we liked our food, or ask if we wanted a fresh drink or refill our water glasses. We sat with out appetizer dishes in front of us until our dinners were brought out. At that time the dishes were hastily taken away and our entrees served. Not one word was spoken to us. No apology for keeping us waiting and certainly no one asking us if we wanted a new drink or God forbid, fresh water. As we were eating our dinner we decided to make a game to see how long it would take for someone to speak to us. We are our dinner which was delicious. After a while the plates were cleared and without one word three desert menus were placed in the center of our table. They were the dessert menus. Our waiter came back quickly and asked if we wanted desert. We asked him what kind of ice cream they had and his answer was a curt “vanilla.” We ordered and come to find out they had other flavors but we didn’t know they because we weren’t told. Now I went back the other the night, in my head, to see if there was anything we had said that offended this waiter and for everything one holds sacred, there was nothing. We asked for the check which came to $179, before the tip, paid and left. We received no thank you, no good bye, nothing. If you are going to charge people this much to eat at Teller’s you might want to train the wait staff to treat the patrons better than inmates incarcerated at Ricker’s are treated. We will never be back. And it’s too bad because the food was delicious but I’ll not put up with bad service twice.

3  Thank Christine F
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Tellers, you did it again. Anniversary dinner....I was torn between the regular menu and the Wednesday wine dinner...the wine dinner won. Food and service was excellent. The beet carpaccio was excellent The bison tenderloin was perfectly cooked, nice char. The truffle potato croquette had the right amount of earthiness. The sweet potato meringue pie was the perfect ending, not overly sweet. Kudos to the chefs.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Have been here many a times..when they 1st opened yrs ago I would have given it a higher rating. Service was great - food really good (pricing could be sticker shock for people not familiar with high end steak houses). It was great to finally get a good quality steak house on the south shore. But as time went on, the attitude of employees (from all levels) seemed to worsen. Maybe they had so much business that they started to get a "who cares" approach. Kept giving them chances (as they were convenient and always good previously) but the final straw was when I took my Dad who was visiting from out of state and the service we rec'd was extremely rude and inconsiderate. Will never go back there again

1  Thank 10islovr