See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Our stay at Brookside was better than we could have wished for. Nuala is a wonderful host & person. She went out of her way to make our stay most enjoyable & comfortable. And the breakfast is to die for; the breakfast crepes are the best I have ever tasted not to mention her french toast rivals the finest of restaurants in the city. The area is beautiful and the Falls are breathtaking. We are already trying to plan when we can go back. We highly recommend the Brookside.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nuala R, Owner at Brookside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Thank you so much for your detailed and flattering review ! I'm delighted when our guests appreciate Brookside and the wonderful Catskill Mountains that surround us.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I needed to stay overnight @ the vicinity of Hunter ski slopes.
Brookside B&B @ Haines Falls was a perfect match!
Immediate response to my reservation request.
Friendly owners!
Clean, spacious and warm room overlooking the book.
Full breakfast waiting for me @ 07:30 in the morning!!
And what i really did not expect..The owner picked up my cue that I was a vegetarian..and there was no meat on the breakfast table!!
I really appreciated that!!
Recommend and will be back!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Nuala R, Owner at Brookside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We always try to accommodate our guests preferences.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I was recommended Brookside Bed and Breakfast by the local car garage. My 3 day camping trip took a turn when my car broke down. They were one of (if not THE) closest lodging to the garage and I couldn't have been happier with the experience.

My 1 year old son loved roaming around the property, playing ball, looking at the garden insects, and playing in the creek at the back of the property. Markus and Nuala were more than generous considering my situation and offered more than just a meal and a bed. They gave me ideas on places within walking distance to occupy our days and even dug out some old toys for my son.

I whole-heartedly recommend this B&B!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BrooksideBnB, Owner at Brookside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Pamela, Thank You for taking the time to review Brookside. We appreciate your feedback and we were happy to try to provide some help during a stressful time.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I did stay at Brookside B&B for three nights over the 4th of July holiday. It was the perfect arrangement for me because I was able to sleep at night in a comfortable, spacious, quiet and clean room and then spend the days with children and grandchildren at close by North-South Lake. Brookside B&B is a charming place with an old country atmosphere; it's conveniently located in the beautiful Catskills Mountains, and whose owners were very helpful, hospitable and welcoming. I must say that, for three days, l felt at home while enjoying Nuala's and Marcus' interesting conversation and the most healthy and delicious breakfast! Thank you Marcus and Nuala for making my stay at your place a relaxing and wonderful experience!

Room tip: Room on the east side offered a nice view of the mountains.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BrooksideBnB, Owner at Brookside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

We appreciate that you took the time to review Brookside. And we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Nuala & Marcus we want to thank you for making our stay so comfortable!!! We booked this B & B so we can enjoy the days at North South Lake with our young kids. This place is just 2 miles down the road from North South Lake so it made it super easy for us. We booked the master suite to accommodate our family of 4. The room was very large, with a kind sized bed, full bathroom, a deck and lots of space for our 2 young kids to bounce around. Marcus made us very yummy breakfast we even had extra it was that good! Marcus also gave us a tour around the beautiful property we really enjoyed it especially the kids! And thank you so much for the "walkingstick" our son is obsessed! We can't wait to book another trip soon! Thank you so much for everything!

Room tip: Great location, comfortable beds, great views, tasty breakfast
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BrooksideBnB, Owner at Brookside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank You, Anna, for taking the time to review Brookside. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming your family back to Brookside.