“Really no “wow” factor”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Should know by now that dinner on a Friday evening with a reservation does not guarantee seating upon arrival.It just so happened to be restaurant week. Was not told when I made the res that the only menu available would be that..not the normal menu. There were decent choices and portions , but can’t quite fathom that the entrees either didn’t have pasta or vegetables accordingly. Don’t really appreciate the auctioning off of a dish…the server or food runner should have a clue where it goes. Overall it was an average experience…I believe the concept of restaurant week should entice you to the degree that leaves a better impression.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed 22 September 2020

Excellent location, excellent service, excellent food. In spite of the pandemic, I felt safe and comfortable and happy and well fed! I can't say enough about our experience here. Just a lovely, very pleasant evening. I was very impressed and hope to return again whenever I'm in town!

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 22 January 2020

Went on a recommendation, but came away unimpressed. Nice atmosphere, but the food and presentation did not live up to expectations. Baked clams were obviously frozen and just tossed on a plate. The pasta was way past al dente and the bolognese sauce was very meaty, but lacking in flavor. I heard it was the same owners as Il Barilotto, which is just a few doors down on the same street (and much better). Plenty of better options for casual Italian in the area. I'd pass on it in the future.

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank Tim A
Reviewed 15 January 2020

Waited 1 hour and 20 minutes for spaghetti and meatballs and pasta fagoli and it was nothing to write home to mom about

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank gregwrothman
Reviewed 13 January 2020

My wife and went here the day after Christmas. The restaurant was decorated beautifully for the holidays. My wife ordered the tortellini and I the Branzino fish at the recommendation of our sever. We were not disappointed. My wife very much enjoyed her pasta but my fish was simply delicious. Cooked perfectly with a crispy skin that made it perfect. The owner is always friendly and makes you feel welcome.

Date of visit: December 2019