“Great food, lovely atmosphere”

Mr. Dominic's on Main
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Fairport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Always enjoy the food here but the atmosphere is what does it for me. You are right in the green lantern inn-feels like dining in the home when it was in its hay day! For certain a fairport gem

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Mr. Dominic's on Main is my favorite go to place for excellent Italian food. In addition to great food, drink and service the restaurant is located in a old historic home filled with charm and ambiance.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

It was a really nice experience going there. The place has two completely different looks and feel. Downstairs is more of a pub / bar feeling with a much more modern look than the upstairs dining area. The upstairs is very quaint and original. The food was very good and the waitstaff was attentive and knowledgeable. All in all, a very nice experience.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Our first visit was the first month they opened and the service was so slow and orders so messed up that the other diners in the basement room got to know each other as we re-distributed dishes that were given to the wrong tables.
Our second visit months later was upstairs in the mansion, and the service was better, but I can't remember what I ate because it was so hot. Apparently the AC wasn't up to snuff.
Third visit this week and again in the mansion. Thank goodness the AC was working because the reason we dined out was not to heat up our own kitchen at home. The service was very good and my Chicken Dominic was outstanding! Tender & tasty.

The main mansion is old style elegance with gorgeous architecture and wood work, a perfect setting for fine dining. The newer dining area is a more modern upscale rustic bar with booths and some tables, not exactly fine dining, and quite a bit noisier. The basement is ok, but lacking the atmosphere of the other two areas.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Enjoyed my first meal at Mr. Dominic's but it took over 2 hours to get served a salad and an entrée. I would have ordered dessert but I just couldn't sit there anymore. The lobster ravioli was very good and our server was very nice. The building is very cool but it can be challenging to older patrons. I might visit again since it was busy on a holiday.