“Good Dinner”

Setauket Pita House
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Setauket Pita House has been serving Long Island, NY over 25 years with number one rated Turkish and Mediterranean food.Our authentic Turkish and Mediterranean dishes made with only fresh ingredients
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

A bit odd of a location but in close proximity to hotel and healthy for a Sunday evening. After full day of travel we were hungry. The small appetizer platter was good, perhaps combined with light Calamari a bit too much. The mixed Chicken Kebab was fantastic, different cuts of chicken,well seasoned and prepared. The Beef Kebab was chewy and not as good as the Chicken. We shared a bottle of Malbec; nice list at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I love this place!!! I have dined at both of their restaurants for many years and have never been disappointed. It is a great place to go with your family or for a quiet dinner.

If you are not gluten intolerant definitely try the bulgur pilaf which is made with red pepper paste. The kabobs are wonderful as is the falafel and spanokopita. I have had fish and it too was incredible. I have not been there in over 10 months as I no longer live on Long Island, but if I happen to be in the area, I would definitely drop in!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

We drove into a strip mall behind a bigger mall, opened the door and found ourselves in an oasis (or the Turkish equivalent.) Lots of stone and stylized walls that were entirely relaxing and pleasant.
Then the food! It was wonderful (more below about that.)
The staff were lovely. Really nice, warm people. We were very happy we found this place.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at Setauket Pita House today. Very nice interior with double table clothes. Service started off slow but was attentive. We started with baba ganoush served with pita. It was very fresh and flavorful. I had the falafel platter which was very authentic! Perfectly seasoned served with bulgur, vegetables, and a Greek salad. My wife had the chicken pita that came with a Greek salad. She was very impressed. For dessert, we split baklava and I had a Turkish coffee. The baklava was the best we have ever had! Turkish coffee was served in a cool espresso type cup and served with chocolate covered espresso beans. I will return when I am in the area for a doctor's appointment.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The meal was Iskender lamb which was delicious, but the best part were the appetizers. A great variety of them and all super tasty. Great Turkish coffee and deserts too.

1  Thank Otello1887