“Great place to eat!”

Alex's Bistro
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My family and I ate dinner here after a couple of other places were booked. Thank goodness, because this was just our speed. The atmosphere was friendly and casual. The food was delicious! The curry soup was fantastic and the French Fries were as well. The main entrees were wonderful. I believe the rest of the family who ordered beer were happy with it. I would highly recommend Alex's Bistro to anyone visiting Cooperstown. If I go back, I would love to eat here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Dined there probably more than a half dozen times. I Like the menu because it’s unlike most others. Never had a problem with the quality or service. My only complaints are that the wine is over priced and no bread comes with the meal. That always seems to bother me.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Alex's is such a cute place! Went for brunch and the food was so good. We had a wonderful waitress! It was a great little cozy place!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The service was possibly the worst service I have ever received at a restaurant. The appatizers were good but the entrees were terrible! When we told the waitress about the entrees, all she did was giggle and bring our check two seconds later... No apology, no questions about the good, just the check. This place has gone down hill quickly!!!

2  Thank kccross7
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Amazing menu featuring everything from the basics -burgers, salads, steaks,excellent fried calamari, pastas,etc,...etc...to great Mexican tacos, Indian tikka masala, Japanese Ramen, thai & indonesian curries, Jamaican jerk chicken, excellent Chinese pork belly buns, It's rare to find a menu with such variety and have it all be good. It's especially rare in a small upstate town. This is a lucky find. You could eat here every day and never get bored. We had most of the above between everyone at our table and it was all great. Love the pork buns! We also split the flourless chocolate cake thing for dessert and it was perfection. I had the delicious house margarita and the others had wine. Our server was friendly, professional and attentive. What more could we ask for? Will definitely come back.