“Lenten Break away from the Metro”

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

All the details you need to book are in their website, thanks of course to trip advisor for sending you straight to it via link. Very helpful guards assisting you with options to park in front or at the back of the hotel itself and in no time without the usual fuss at the front desk we are in our very spacious room at the mezzanine. Room is very clean with all amenities available (nothing is out of order). Food selection is also great. If you wish to try other food, the hotel is just along Marina Bay where lots of food and dining options are. I personally am a fan of Texas Joe's and the much newer Crab and Belly. Breakfast is served as buffet, but a peculiar setup is that the waiters scoops you portions of the food. You can go back though for second servings, but it's kinda annoying if you plan not to stand up again to get more. Pool is also very accessible and cleaned daily. There are indeed life guards that monitor the activities at the pool for peace of mind specially when your kids are swimming. I would give this place an excellent rating though if pools for adults are separate from children. All in all, a great getaway spot.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Rex P
Subic G, Guest Relations Manager at Subic Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Hi Mr. Rex,

Thank you so much for the wonderful and very informative review, as well as the suggestions for us to provide better facilities and service in the future.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I am sure that all our staff have enjoyed serving you as well. With that we would love to have you again, soon I hope. :)

Looking forward to have you as our guest again. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Although we didn't stay in the hotel we went there for dinner and drinks.
PROS: This is one of the newer hotels on the boardwalk. It's clean and well kept.
The menu is small but adequate. The drinks are priced at the same rate as most other places here.
The server was new but very friendly.
CONS: I ordered a cheeseburger. Simple right? It was served in a reasonable amount of time along with the rest of our order.
Looked good, thick and juicy, so I took a bite. IT WAS RAW IN THE MIDDLE. The meat was standard frozen patties. They put two together and cooked them as one.
So I called the server over and asked her to have it replaced. A few minutes later I was presented with a new cheeseburger, or so I thought, I took the new top bun off and see that the "chef" had recooked the patties and put them on a new bun. (The bite I had taken was very evident)
I called the server back, showed it to her and asked her to have the "chef" come out.
Instead the head waiter came out. I explained my issue and he told me that it was the server's fault for not telling the "chef" that I wanted a new burger.
I worked in restaurants for seven years. I know the difference between things that are server or kitchen problems. This was definitely a kitchen problem.
Needless to say I didn't eat it and refused to pay for it.
I hope this was an isolated incident.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank steven m
Subic G, Guest Relations Manager at Subic Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Hi Mr. Steven M.,

We highly appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us to improve on our food and services.

We regret with what happen to your dining experience with us and we have called the attention of the F&B Head to address the concern you have raised and implement better coordination with that F&B Staff to avoid it from happening again.

We hope that you will still consider visiting us on your next visit to Subic Bay. Your comments and suggestions are valuable for our improvement and that our hotel staff are giving the best effort to provide you a total quality customer service.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding, if you want a waterview this is the hotel you should go for. Good location for shopping and to relax where alot of spas around.

Rooms are nice and clean. There is no stains in this hotel. The only problem was no iron in the room (which you have to request for one) the only reason i could think of probably some guess takes it home. We know this aint a 5 star hotel but it will make you feel your in it. Its nice to wake up with a view in front of you.

Food is also nice, so dont miss your compl. breakfast. Alot of food to choose from.

Wifi is not that bad at all. Theres always a signal wherever you go.

Staffs are very friendly and fast. Need anything, youll get it in no time.

I know this hotel is 3+ years old but definitely growing really fast, clap for your officer in charge.

Definitely coming back to this hotel in the future.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Subic G, Guest Relations Manager at Subic Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2017

Hi Bry H,

Thank you very much for the wonderful and perfect review. We highly appreciate you sharing all the positive experienced on your recent stay, as well as for the recommendation to stay at our hotel!

It is our pleasure to have you as a guest and feel free to give a call or message on your next vacation we would love to serve you again. We look forward on your next visit!

Reviewed March 24, 2017

The place is perfect for relaxation. The view is breathtaking and the food is excellent. They have clean rooms and good service. I really enjoy my stay at Subic Grand Hotel. Whenever I need place to stay at Subic, I will probably go for Subic Grand Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank epilrnzsantos
Subic G, Guest Relations Manager at Subic Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2017

Hi Epilrnzsantos,

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating! We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay here at our hotel. We aim to provide the most relaxing and memorable experience to all guest and I am sure that all our staff have enjoy having you as well.

Feel free to call us anytime and we are looking forward on your next vacation. :)

Reviewed March 23, 2017

The hotel is flawless they got nice facilities and nice view at their terrace, the hotel has a beach and a pool to enjoy, It's a hotel for friends and family to enjoy together and near the hotel are numbers of restaurants that you can enjoy, almost all variety of food can be found beside the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Subic G, Guest Relations Manager at Subic Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Hi Mr. Carlo F,

Thank you very much for the perfect star rating! We highly appreciate all the positive comments and we are glad that you have enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. We will continue to improve our service and facilities for you to have more reason to come again.

Looking forward to have you as our guest again soon. :) Feel free to call us anytime. :)