“I love Zoobic!”

US$13.90*
and up
Zoobic Safari Entry with Lunch Option
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We went to Zoobic namely to see the tigers. We were unable to take a picture with one as many were in heat (which is a GREAT reason to keep them in their enclosures). It was a slow day so there were maybe only 15 - 20 pax on the tour. We scored with Mark as our guide who was fantastic. Loved him--he made the tour.

Since the tigers where in heat, they were very noisy in the Close Encounters area with loud scary roars which was awesome. Oh, and we saw two tigers fornicating so I guess that is something.

Oh, they have a new attraction (since my previous visit about a year ago) which is a bunch of hanging bridges and stuffed animals and a couple snakes. I think preteen kids would love it, the rest of us were just bored but it only takes a minute to walk though it, so no matter.

I am always thrown by the Aeta Trail. I wish they talked a little more about the culture and arts. As it is now, it walks a fine line between informative and exploitative.

I had been to Zoobic two times before,and still enjoyed it a lot. We fed the birds, bearcats, and camels which is always fun (P10 per feeding). I fell inside because I am brilliant like that and gashed open my leg. Mark had a first aid kit so he fixed me up. I was feeling a little lightheaded so bought some water and the nice cashier gave me her candy bar from her lunch!!! How nice is that!!!!

We all (adults in our early 30s) loved it!!

3  Thank kikahead
in 9 reviews
"loco"
"thrilling"

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Ok our expectations were not very high, but we thought that the kids might enjoy the zoo.

After paying the Php450 per person, we went into a waiting area and waited for 30 minutes to be assigned a tour group. The walking tour was Ok, but you couldn't hear what the guide was saying - highlight was a group of Bearcats.

Then they led us to a waiting area near the tiger area. Communication was poor, but we managed to figure out that we needed to purchase trolley tickets (Php 50 each). Our guide disappeared and we waited, patiently and had some ice cream. After about an hour we were getting a bit impatient, and started to ask - our tour guide showed up called his group to the staging area. By this time, there were about 200 people waiting for trolleys that seemed to come every 15-20 minutes, and when there was some congestion, a bunch of folk just ran up the street to get on to the trolley - by the time the trolley got to us, we had to spread ourselves out along the trolley where-ever a seat presented itself.

We drove a few hundred metres and stopped to tour a couple of quonset huts, with a few stuffed animals, one live snake and one live iguana and not much else - definitely not memorable except for the poor quality.

Then we found out that it would take another hour wait to get on the trolly for the next part to see the tigers. At this point we were 3 hours into our visit and ready to leave. We spoke with the tour guide and arranged to get on another tram heading back - but then it stopped, and we were all asked to get off to wait - at this point we refused. The next ride was another few hundred meters. Note to management: if you would put out some signposts, with distances, we would of happily walked most of the distances rather than wait - but I suppose your goal was to squeeze out as many pesos from your customers as possible..

All in all - there ware a few interesting animals, but the customer service and trolley coordination were extremely poor.

8  Thank twp007
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Went there oct 30. Nice tour BUT
1. Poor lightings for you to see the animals
2. Never leave your things at their counter for safe keeping. As my jacket and umbrella was not returned to me by the counter staff. 3. Poor customer service by their customer relations officer Mr Noel Caneda, since no action was done in responce to my reported incident

16  Thank Alantiaw
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Many have written already about the 2 hour tour of petting area, tiger enclosure etc so I will write about the Tiger Encounter.

I have always wanted to stroke a tiger without losing my arm but usually, my cats at home were larger than the tiger!

But not at zoobic. It is a cub and around 9 months old and you can see from the size of it's paws that it has a lot of growing to do but it is BIG!!!

It is secured by a chain and the strength of the animal is demonstrated by the handlers when they position it for the next visitor.

It s well worth a visit. It is nice to see the Siberian Tigers also.

The souvenir shop is adequate so in all, a very satisfying attraction and the wild monkeys playing on the access road definitely add to the experience.

3  Thank FSRP01