“Zoobic Safari was great - both for the adults and the kids”
Review of Zoobic Safari

Zoobic Safari
Book In Advance
More Info
US$13.90*
and up
Zoobic Safari Entry with Lunch Option
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We were visiting Subic Bay and decided to go to Zoobic Safari. We were glad we did, and not only did we go once, about a week later, we went again and brought about 10 of our relatives along with us.

When you arrive, you buy your tickets and go to an area that has a few tigers to look at. They will pair you off in groups, with not too many in each group. You do some walking, and then you will get on trams (which they do charge extra for) and go around to the different areas of the park.

The highlight is when you get in the jeepneys, and they take you into the gated tiger area. For a small amount, they will feed the tigers raw chickens through the bars of the jeepneys. Up close and personal, naman (for sure).

They have several hands on areas, the birds, the crocs, where you can feed the crocs too. Also an extra charge, for having a chicken hanging on the end of a pole. Quite exciting.

The guides are very friends and they provide a lot of information as to the animals that you see, camels carabao, snakes, pigs, and so many other animals in different environments. There are some native tribes guys who will do a dance, which is very enjoyable.

There are places to get bottled water along the way, as well as snacks and ice cream. Allow several hours as there are many habitats that you will go to. Very enjoyable, and we plan to go again

1  Thank TheChief_Theboss
in 16 reviews
"loco"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We went with family which included an 18 month old toddler. We decided not to take our baby stroller (buggy) as we figured it might not be possible to push it around - we were right. If you do take a stroller there is somewhere to park it by the gift shop which is just across the road from the ticket office - and it will stay there for the rest of you time there.

We bought our tickets at the ticket office as we were getting a discount for locals (our family lives in Olongapo) which was only available on production of proof of residence. NOTE: booking online you can use a credit card, buying your tickets at the site is cash only (as at July 2011) - this caught us out but we had enough cash fortunately. The gift shop is cash only as well.

Our guide was very good, the only hold up was at the beginning as we waited for enough people to arrive to make a decent sized group. Our guide knew her job and had no problem changing the normal itinery to take account of the rain.
And it did rain! But it didn't spoil anything.

There's more than just the tigers here, they have lions which will soon have their own area to roam around in, crocodiles which you can feed, a zoo, a reptile centre and a display by the Aeta indigenous people, plus a 15 minute 3D movie which is actually quite good.

We also visited the Butterfly Garden next door. We went there about 10 years ago and its gone down hill a bit since then, but you do get a guided tour for 50 pesos. Maybe if more people went to see the butterflies there'd be more money for the upkeep of the place.
There is a good restaurant which serves good food and has high chairs for youngsters.

Its a fair way from the Freeport entrance so you'll need to drive or get a taxi. If you get a taxi you'll be wise to get his phone number for the return journey.

1  Thank Greshmeister
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Went there about 6 weeks for 1st time, without realizing it i went there on a Saturday so got the full experience ( ANIMAL PARADE - BEST THEY HAVE THERE ) , The rest of tour was ok, I drove my own vehicle behind the train as wanted to have some comfort.

Went back again on a Friday as wanted wifes visiting parents to see the safari, upon entry after paying same amount as weekend , 40 + US ( 1700.00 + pesos ) for 4 adults,
found out that the animal parade was only on weekends ---- WHAT A TRUE DISAPPOINTMENT ! Only 3 tigers i saw in the front, i remember on the weekend there being alot more, GUESS DONT GO DURING THE WEEK.

The tour I felt was very quick and unemotional , the tribal dances should be longer, especially when they have a tip basket, the tiger ride i think for the first time is good, I didnt go on this one, but my parents enjoyed it .
All in all , i think they should accomodate their prices accordingly and the animal parade should be a daily event, I was so dissappointed when it didnt haappen, reason i took my family there, to see that especially.

5  Thank btv1234
Reviewed 5 June 2011

When my mom planned a trip to ZOOBIC safari last May 2011, I was really hesitant to join. I can imagine that with a hot weather in the Philippines, it will be very tiring to roam around this ZOO. But, of course, my little girl will have a great opportunity to enjoy the park and will be educational for her.

We arrived at around 11am and decided to take the tour right away. We were greeted by a small tiger upon entering the park's reception. You can take your picture with the tiger while your one hand embrace the tiger and the other hand holds her cold milk. Just be sure you dont drop her bottle or you will be her option for food. : ) My sister was brave enough to hold the tiger and take her picture with it.

The tour guide led us to the nearest cave called SERPENTARIUM. I am personally afraid of snakes so, I didn't go inside. But according to my husband, who bravely went in with my daughter, snakes are caged in a glass aquarium. There are many types in this cave but be careful you might step on a real snake.

After that, we were taken by the park's tram and took us to the tiger's den. Well, basically, it was a large area where 4 to 6 tigers are resting and waiting for food to be thrown to them. We rode a jeepney that is enclosed by grills so that no one will have the chance to put their hands out to reach for the tigers. I would like to say that this trip is really scary because you will have the chance to look at a real tiger very close. Our tour guide in the jeep feeds the tiger with a chicken and one time he threw the food on the top of the jeep and because of this, the tigers went to the roof of the jeep which we found exciting and scary.

Next to this, we were taken to the CLOSE ENCOUNTER where you can see the tigers sleeping and resting. Some are not sleeping and just watched the visitors pass by. I hated this part because the tigers are so close to the visitors. I can say that the distance from the visitors are no more than 3 ft. We were even cautioned to look out if the tigers show the signal that they are about to urinate. Their urine can reach upto 2 meters and the smell can last upto 5 days. I did not enjoyed this part because I was scared to get urinated by any of the tigers and that the path we walk on is so small that you can not find any place to hide or run when the tigers decided to urinate. At the very least, they should have place a glass door infront of the tigers just in case they urinate infront of the visitors.

After this, we were taken to a crocodiles' river. We climbed a bridge where we can take a good look to approximately 100 crocodiles under the bridge. The bridge is no higher than the 10 ft. You can feed them yourself. There are food available at the reception of this river and you can get a pole to give their food to them. Crocodiles looked like hard rocks and at first we thought that they were not real. According to the guides, that gesture is their defense and camouflage to get their food. There are parts of the bridge where you get so low that you are no longer higher than 2ft from the crocodiles so be careful to take the children in this area.

We had some time to walk through the woods where a certain tribe, Aeta, is resting and waiting for their show to start. We were entertained with their different dances and rituals.

We rode the tram again and were taken to see close up the ostrich and pigs. It was such an amazing part because we were able to go inside their habitat. But we were not allowed to play or touch these innocent animals.

The tram went back to the reception and we went again for another walk to see different birds such as owls, parrots, mynah, etc. In this area also were we get to see the rodents, monkeys, deers, white cow, wart hog pig, camels, and many more.

It was a 2 hour full of amazing animals to see in this park and a very educational tour even for adults. In terms of education and animal exposure to humans, i give this park 5 stars.

But to areas such as comfort rooms and restaurant, where we cant deny, are humans' needs, i give them 1 star. Comfort rooms are not at all comfortable, some have cubicles did not have flushes working. Restaurant's food are not at all enjoyable. Unfortunately, the animals houses are not very well maintained. Like the cages of the tigers in front of the park, it is smelly eventhough it was still morning when we arrived. I think I can live with a not so enjoyable restaurant but comfort rooms with out flush, water, tissue and soap and very smelly, that i can not bear. To think that a lot of children will visit this place and comfort rooms are not at all acceptable. Visitors are not animals and comfort rooms MUST BE CLEAN.

3  Thank Tubby_Traveler
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We went to Zoobic namely to see the tigers. We were unable to take a picture with one as many were in heat (which is a GREAT reason to keep them in their enclosures). It was a slow day so there were maybe only 15 - 20 pax on the tour. We scored with Mark as our guide who was fantastic. Loved him--he made the tour.

Since the tigers where in heat, they were very noisy in the Close Encounters area with loud scary roars which was awesome. Oh, and we saw two tigers fornicating so I guess that is something.

Oh, they have a new attraction (since my previous visit about a year ago) which is a bunch of hanging bridges and stuffed animals and a couple snakes. I think preteen kids would love it, the rest of us were just bored but it only takes a minute to walk though it, so no matter.

I am always thrown by the Aeta Trail. I wish they talked a little more about the culture and arts. As it is now, it walks a fine line between informative and exploitative.

I had been to Zoobic two times before,and still enjoyed it a lot. We fed the birds, bearcats, and camels which is always fun (P10 per feeding). I fell inside because I am brilliant like that and gashed open my leg. Mark had a first aid kit so he fixed me up. I was feeling a little lightheaded so bought some water and the nice cashier gave me her candy bar from her lunch!!! How nice is that!!!!

We all (adults in our early 30s) loved it!!

3  Thank kikahead