“Fun, fun, fun”

Whiterock Waterpark and Beach Hotel
Reviewed March 25, 2016

Our room is in front of the pool with giant waves. Room is spacious and clean as well as the bathroom. Additional beddings, blankets, towels are no longer a problem since they easily grant the request. We are a family of six. Child is free if he/she is 2 yrs old below. So it's kinda pricey since we have to pay for each pax. Nevertheless the kids enjoyed the wave pools and the free use of kayak for all of us. They also have infinity pool, jacuzzi, rampage, slides, ..etc. At night their recreation center is also open where they have the bowling center, ktv room, billiard pool, basketball token machines, table tennis, and board games. Everything has a rental fee except for board games. Buffet breakfast is serve in the cafe. I hope they will add more in their breakfast menu/buffet. Fast foods are 7-minute drive from the hotel. There is no complimentary coffee which is just fine with me but I guess they have to consider putting an electric kettle for hot water. I still have to call for hot water for tea. They do housekeeping everyday. Staffs are helpful and courteous. Overall, the price compensates the fun and amenities the hotel offered. My kids enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family

Reviewed February 5, 2016

Booked a beach side deluxe room for my family, we arrive as early as 9:00 AM and was accommodated, everything was prepared for us, all of the staff are very polite and helpful, and the facilities were great.

I do not know why other people complain about the resort, but here is my take:

This is the only resort in this area that has these many pool and activities with a beach, it has two wave pools, two infinity pools, a grand pool, slides, kiddy pool and whirl pool.

We enjoyed the 2 wave pool that has a 20 minute wave and 40 minutes break, the rent of the "salbabida" is very cheap (50 pesos) no need to bring your own.

You can do these activities for free:
1. kayak
2. adventure park
3. pool basketball
4. pool volleyball
5. beach volleyball
6. kid's play gorund
7. unlimited selfies

The room was big, 2 double beds, with refrigerator and bath tub.

The breakfast was also great, nothing extravagant but filling.

I personally like their chicken relleno and tapa.

Only thing is they do not have fresh juices to choose from ( I was hoping for just a fresh lemon water detox)

For tipid tips, bring your own food, we did and you can dine beside the infinity pool with the beach view.

If you do not like the food there is always an option to eat outside, it is only a 10 minute drive to subic where there are groceries, restaurants and stores.

It seems yearly the resort is being maintained so you will not feel the facilities worn out and out dated.

For the beach, it is the same as every beach in subic, so if it is just the beach you want, I would not suggest spending it here, there are a lot of places much cheaper with the same beach.

BUT, we did not came here for the beach, we came for the experience of having a water park like Fontana and a beach that is near to us.

And the view is really amazing, each side of the resort will give you a picture perfect view.

I have been to many beach resort and water park, coming from Bulacan this is the nearest 2 hour drive for a complete family summer experience.

Room Tip: beach side deluxe, seaside deluxe, villas
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
9  Thank omelani
Reviewed January 25, 2016 via mobile

Cheap hotel with an overpriced rate. Not recommended for everyone to spend their leisure time. People who are trying to have some fun in this area should avoid this water park hotel. You can find a far better hotel in this area with a more reasonable rate.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family
8  Thank JUNING2016
Reviewed January 11, 2016

Overpriced. We paid almost P9k for a basic room with 2 beds and 2 extra mattresses. This includes 2 adults and 3 kids age 3 to 10. Their charge for an extra kid age 3 to 7 is P1000 and P1800 for 8 to 12 years old. Really outrageous price. So I have to pay P1800 for my 10 year old son, this includes 1 mattress and a buffet breakfast. My son only ate the bread and pastries during breakfast. I have to pay P1k for my 7 year old son who did not even eat their buffet breakfast. Wish they have an option to just charge the extra mattress and not the breakfast since most kids are picky eaters. Maybe one of the reasons for the high cost are the freebies that they include in the rates such as rappelling, kayak for 30minutes and zipline. But they should not include these as freebies then charge too much for the accommodation since some guests especially those with young kids are not into those types of activities. On the positive side, I appreciate the big grounds, the playground, the several pools especially the wave pools and their access to the beach. Some resorts in Subic do not have beach access.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Shiela S
Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

The staff are very courteous and always smiling. I give them a high grade for that!

BUT

The food is not delicious.

First, we ordered Bulalo but the soup wasnt Bulalo, it was onion soup!

The breakfast was not worth the price either. Disappointing.

Then the room I was sent to to was not the room I paid for!  So we had to transfer.  But the new room had a shower and a toilet floor that flooded.

Then the TV had poor signal.

Then we had no complimentary water.

The wifi didnt work.

Come time to sleep, we found out that the front door cant do a double lock, so we cant sleep.  So we had to transfer again at 10pm because the repairman cant fix the lock!  If we were to transfer, we said we wanted a room that was near-- that meant it should be along our floor. They claimed our floor was fully booked.  But we said we saw several rooms in our floor still being cleaned late in the afternoon!  That meant some were unoccupied!

All safety deposit boxes in all rooms I was placed did not work.

------
Dont lounge by the beach, the loungers are rusty and some are broken!
-----
BUT AGAIN...

The staff are delightfully courteous and polite. Especially Romar of Jetski tutors. Also the Jetski lady clerk. The lifeguards too. With that, it somehow makes the stay good.

Sent from my Samsung de