Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Richard G

Never Again

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 3, 2024
I paid for a particular room on 2 Oct because it would have the best view of the fireworks. When we signed in on 31 Dec our room was already taken so they put us in a room on a lower floor with lots of trees blocking our view and a trash heap just outside our balcony. No reason was ever given for giving our room to someone else. When we checked in there was no hot water, but this was fixed later that night. My wife took her shoes off inside the door and walk to the bedroom, and by the time she walked back the bottom of her feet were black. Obviously they hadn't properly cleaned the room. None of the rooms allowed smoking, but ours had a strong smell of cigarettes when we checked in. The A/C in the bedroom quite around 2AM and starting emitting an alarm so we had to turn it off. Water was dipping down from a higher floor onto our A/C making a loud drumming noise, so I had to reach out of the window and place a towel to deaden noise so we could sleep. The breakfast was disgusting. Half cooked scrambled eggs and some kind of hotdog. I have never stayed in a place this disgusting, barring some places in third world countries, and we couldn't wait to leave in the morning. I tried looking for another hotel vacancy in the area, but being New Year's Eve that wasn't happening. Suffice it to say we will never use this hotel again, and after telling my friends about my experience I'm pretty sure they won't either.
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: Don't do it. It isn't worth your sanity.
Trip type: Traveled with family
    ₱3,132
    ₱3,486
0.3 km from Subic Grand Harbour Hotel
Free parking
Half Size Olympic Rooftop Pool (IBIZA)
₱4,145
    ₱6,945
5.1 km from Subic Grand Harbour Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2023 via mobile

The place is called the Grand Harbour Hotel but it really isn't grand. It's decent but not grand. Just approaching the hotel tells you it isn't grand. To be fair, most hotels in the area are also 3 stars and they don't look grand either. I'd probably consider staying here again if I had a business trip in Subic but maybe not for a vacation.

The room was okay. Pretty big actually. But the aircon wasn't consistently quiet. Being at the mezzanine level proved to be disadvantageous because one could hear loud music first from the front during the day and then from the back at night. No elevator access to the mezzanine floor so you'll have to climb a short flight of stairs.

The restaurant was okay. A little flavorless on their tinola. Breakfast buffet was okay though it's the type of place where the servers portion out what you can get.

The (relatively small) swimming pool is accessible to anyone with access to the (unswimmable);beach. The parking area is right next to the swimming pool. When we got there some people who looked like staff were hanging around the pool which made it less enticing to swim.

I prepaid in full but was charged again when I got there. Silly me forgot that I already paid in full. They eventually said that my payment wasn't reflected in the system but I had an email acknowledgment from their accounting department. Anyway, they voided the additional payment so it was all good.

The staff were friendly enough.

Location was okay. It's beside an (unswimamble by ordinance) beach. A number of eating places were within walking distance.

I'd give this place 2 stars but 2 means poor so 3 is okay.

Room tip: There's a small parking area that's accessible to anyone with access to the beach. If you run out of parking slots, there's a common parking lot a block away.
Date of stay: December 2023