“Old hotel rooms, old facilities”
Review of Inter Park Hotel

Inter Park Hotel
Reviewed March 25, 2017

Old room, saggy old bed, room wasn't maintain at all, no WiFi, less options for breakfast buffet, they provide instant coffee, I was charged twice on my credit card, I initially booked online and they charged it again upon check in. I wouldn't recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Make sure you will ask for a room on theach new building
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

Decided to take my family (Hubby, Mom, my 7-yr old son and 8 month old baby) to Subic for the Halloween. Most hotels were fully booked and I asked a friend for a reco and he mentioned this. Room was spacious, clean, no weird smell. Though lighting is cozy, I think more options should be provided like if you lost something, you can't find it right away cuz lights were so dim. Restroom is ok but sink needs to be replaced. Owner gets 5 stars for being so hands on, he's there in the morning and retires late at night.
Cons
1. Buffet breakfast spread but only 1 round. I guess they should just give set options so that guests will not go to the buffet and be told "sorry one round only"
2. Room discount - my friend extended a 20%discount for this hotel. But since they already gave me the discounted rate, it was not honored anymore. That's fine but they failed to mention that. So I had confusion with my bill.

Pros
1. Has 2 pools that are so well kept and clean. 1 kiddie and 1 adult
2. Well kept rooms
3. Location - walking distance to the boardwalk, Meat Plus, etc.
4. Friendly staff
5. Hands on Owner
6. Perfect location for the Halloween fright night. In front or old Legenda Hotel and the interiors gives you a warm fuzzy feeling :)
7. Bottomless iced tea so good :) Korean style (tastes like the Bonchon iced tea) and breakfast tastes ok so this redeems the buffet but not quite bfast!

I want to give you a 4! But because of the lack of explanation and accord with the billing statement, I felt the receptionist were right down cold. Esp Mark.

Love the pool and room service staff though.

I'll try other hotels when I go to Subic. I have tried Lighthouse, Segara, Leciel. But will have the possibility to go back to Inter Park!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Mairyanna
Reviewed April 7, 2016

Pros:
Helpful and polite staff
Free Breakfast
Nice Pool
Check-in anytime (probably if they have rooms available)
Fast Wifi

Cons:
Old and tired rooms
Not enough choices for breakfast

* We got a room near reception so it's a bit noisy

Room Tip: Get a room far from reception as the noise will keep you awake
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2016

Upon arrival, the staff were accommodating; they tended to our questions early on and gave us recommendations on the better rooms to choose.

Upon check-in we were ushered by one of their staff to our room.

The room had:
* a flat-screen TV
* a closet
* water heater for coffee
* a small refrigerator under the TV (with canned soft drinks, not complementary though)
* a phone

What Went Well:
- The room was spacious, clean and nice. The beds were comfortable to sleep on and the air-conditioning unit was quick to cool the room.
- The restroom was clean, too
- There was also WiFi for all rooms and it did not disappoint in terms of speed (up to 30Mb/s down and upload)
-The pool was ok, nothing extra or fancy, they also have a kiddie pool which would be nice if you are travelling with kids

What Could Have Been Better:
- Although the restroom was clean and all, it was disappointing that the doorknob of the restroom's door was broken. Anybody could enter even when it is already occupied; indeed privacy in the restroom was a major concern
- The electric outlets were situated in between the beds only, so no charging from either far sides of the bed; you either have to wait for your turn or plug in near the TV
- In my opinion, there could have been more lighting in the room; but this didn't distract much from the experience
- The variety of breakfast meals to choose from was mediocre at best, there were only 4 meals to choose from; and with the food itself , the serving was conservative, almost to the point where you might think they are cutting costs - the taste did not make up for the serving size - overall nothing special the only upside was that the coffee and iced tea was bottomless (speaking for the Filipino BFast)

OVERALL, there was no outstanding Wow moments but our stay was good enough to say that we might reconsider to go back.

PS:
* We were there from Feb 15-16, 2016
* The room rate for 4 for one night was P4900~~
* I think we stayed at the new building

Room Tip: The restroom door at Rm. I207 was broken as of Feb. 16, 2016. If you are assigned this room, ask if...
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Mikez M
Reviewed February 11, 2016

Our stay at interpark was really below average. For the price that we paid, I believe we could have gotten a better hotel.

The pool was pleasant, and the reception staff were courteous and helpful. Location wise, it was a good choice, but then there are many other hotels in the area.

The rooms were old, in need of renovation, the bed was hard, the light bulb in our room was fused upon check in, the main water heater was turned off resulting in my family and me taking 2 cold showers. The breakfast variety was poor. You can choose from American, Filipino or Korean breakfast with unlimited coffee, and iced tea. I ordered the American breakfast on both days there, but on my 2nd day I requested for something else apart from one sunny side-up egg, toast, ham and bacon. They said that's all they had. No pancakes, no oatmeal, no french toast. Disappointing!

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family