“Dinner by the sea”

Vasco's Restaurant, Hotel and Museum
Reviewed May 24, 2017

It was our first time dining in this restaurant. It isn't located near the highway or in common restaurant areas so it was a surprise to find this hidden gem in Subic. This place have an AWESOME VIEW, GREAT AMBIANCE, DELICIOUS FOOD and VERY NICE STAFF. The restaurant offers filipino food and other cuisine too.
I ordered vascos special chicken ( I can't remember what its called) it is a chicken cordon bleu where the chicken is wrapped around a huge slice of pineapple and bacon, and cheese (you could also order the one with banana if you don't like pineapple) with curry sauce, and my parents ordered Tuna Steak (which my mother says was tastier and more juicy than the other restaurant we've been) and Beef Ampalaya which my father truly enjoyed. Each single order was good enough for two people (which we were surprised). The price is just right for the serving size. All in all we enjoyed our dinner here.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family

Reviewed April 11, 2017

The decors are unique, maritime-themed. I think the restaurant doubles as a museum? I love that the place is open and airy. My daughter envisioned herself a pirate and played with the pirate-y stuff on display.

The food is nice, not totally extraordinary. Could be quite pricey too, but I guess you also have to pay for the place.. Most importantly, my daughter enjoyed the place, so it was great!

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017

I love going to Vasco's restaurant. I have been here probably about six times. I met the owner once, who seems nice. I like the food, particularly the Chicken a la Vascos and the pancit canton. The Chicken a la Vascos is like chicken cordon bleu, except it has a curry sauce and it's stuffed with pork and pineapple.
The view is so nice at sunset.
One time I went to Vasco's at like 3 AM. It never really closes. Even though the bar wasn't really open, the bartender opened it up just for my group! We were the only people there and had the whole place to ourselves. They let us stay as late as we wanted.
There's also a hotel although I didn't stay here. Where else can you find a bar, restaurant, museum, billiards, dock and hotel all in the same place?

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

Drove 5 hrs to Subic because we had an event the following day at 5am. Decided to arrive the night before and to check in a hotel nearby. Worst decision to come to Vascos because they had a staff party with a full on band. I asked if there was a farther room but they said it was the last set anyway, so i settled for the nearer room. When it felt like the loud music wasn't going to end soon, I asked again and someone else said it would take another hour. The owner was there at the party but she didn't look like she was interested in my concerns. So much for getting rest for an early start the following day.
Apart from that, the toilet bowl was clogged, the power outlets were all fluctuating and the room didn't feel very clean. Definitely not coming back here.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2017

This is my absolute favourite place to eat a great dinner, or even to have lunch in Subic Bay Freeport Zone. The food is great, a good selection of dishes, and the best....the view!. You can sit and enjoy the view over Subic Bay. Also, the place is a museum, to showcase the life of the diver who owns the place.

Stayed: April 2016
1.7 km away
The Reef Hotel and Residences
The Reef Hotel and Residences
#13 of 28 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Vasco's Restaurant, Hotel and Museum? Share your experiences!