“A Comfy Place To Stay”

Subic Bay Travelers Hotel
Reviewed January 8, 2015

The hotel facade looks like an ordinary office or even government building. Upon entering you are greeted by a hotel staff handing you a ginger bread cookie since their lobby theme is ginger bread house to celebrate the holiday season. We were led to our 3rd floor room through the carpeted stairs. I immediately asked the staff if they carry luggages all the way to the rooms & why there was no elevator. He said they have to carry the luggages to the rooms but there will be a ramp soon. The building is 3 storey only as I discovered soon.

I was impressed with the double king sized bed which didn't allow for any night lamps or bedside tables anymore. The bathroom was sparse but clean with only 2 basic towels & a few toiletries so you better bring your own or else you can request for it. You will need to return the used towel when requesting too since they will surely ask for it.

My niece immediately wanted to go swimming but we had to get some lunch. Too bad the japanese restaurant just beside the hotel was closed so we settled at the burger joint just right in front of it where I had my lunch salad. There is another newly opened restaurant across it which is convenient for short order meals or turo turo style.

My niece enjoyed the kiddie pool although small. The adult pool is elevated, about 8 steps higher from the ground.

Breakfast buffet varied during my 3 day stay there. I wanted more fruits but it seems limited to 2 choices only. I just hope they didn't have to charge the guest a microwave heating request for Php 50.

All in all it was a pleasant stay. The hotel is well kept & clean, even if you can judge by the room furnitures that it's one of the first few hotels that started operating in the Subic Bay area. It's in close proximity to practically everything, a carnival (which was on at that time), malls, restaurants, the bay area & bars.

• Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank Michelle Angeli F

Reviewed December 30, 2014

We checked-in Dec 28, 2014. We called a week before for reservation, and we were happy they were not full yet...Camayan was and so was moonbay marina villas. Since our target was to watch the dolphins at Ocean Adventure, we just needed a place to stay. Our big problem was we were 5 adults and 2 kids and we were too many to occupy one room. Fortunately, Travelers Hotel's double deluxe room can have 5 adults with 500 for an extra bed, since there are 2 double beds already good for 4.
For almost 3, 900 for 5 adults, this is a good hotel, near Golden teahouse with a good serving of wanton noodles and great dimsum. Aircon was so cold...staff were accommodating but no complimentary coffee even if we requested repeatedly. There was an electric heater though....so just bring your own coffee and perhaps cups, since we requested numerous times...
There is a ref and room was spacious.
I prefer the ground floor rooms since there is no elevator. 2 small pools which is always cold for me... (this is the 3rd time we checked in here but I always back out in trying their pool).
For the double deluxe room, take note that they only provide 2 complimentary breakfast stubs and 2 towels so if there are four people in the room, you have to pay 60 per towel above the 2 towels. Additional bed comes with a towel.
Small hotel but very hygienic and practical, accommodating.
Will come back if we are in a tight budget and not needing the kitchen...

Room Tip: Ground floor, no elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Alison C
Reviewed December 22, 2014

This hotel almost makes for average and with some effort could rise to good. However the facility is an older property somewhat tired and worn. I checked in for only 2 days and I thought the rate a bit steep at $74.00 US a night.The bathroom in my room was poorly laid out and it was a bit annoying to work around. Through out the building the installation, repair and maintenance reflect poor or unskilled workmanship , there are patches with bare sheet rock and holes that have been poorly repaired but no one bothered to do the finish work to paint them or smooth out surfaces... it looks as if they did not care. My room was poorly lit with little natural light.

On a positive note, despite the age of the building it was quite clean, with crisp sheets and spotless bathrooms. The furniture in my room was newish and of good quality with good air-con. The wifi was excellent with a strong signal throughout the building whether in my room surfing the web, or in the dining room with my tablet reading web news. That is a VERY important feature for me.
The complimentary breakfast was basic, eggs & toast etc, but ample & tasty with delicious fresh fruit and good coffee. The property's location is really convenient to shopping and dining, much of which is in walking distance. I would stay here again, but only because of the excellent internet which I have found to be the best of the hotels I have stayed at in Subic Bay.

Room Tip: Couldn't say
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2014

I've recently checked in in this hotel last November 5 to attend a team building activity and seminar conducted by our employer. I Must say that this hotel is just perfect for this kind of function as they have a number of function rooms that can fit a hundred or more guests at a time. Hotel rooms are big enough to accommodate up to 5 pax and are equipped with standard features like a small ref, a safety vault, cabinet, toilet and bath with hot and cold water, dresser, flat screen tv, and split type air-conditioning unit. The room where i stayed in have 2 double beds and we just added an extra mattress to accommodate the fifth member of our team. On the other hand, during our seminar, we are offered buffet style breakfast and lunch both of which are average to mediocre tasting. For breakfast food choices include tocino, hotdog, veggies, soup, tasty bread with jam and a choice of either coffee or juice. As for our lunch, food choices include caldereta, veggies, fried chicken, cream of mushroom soup, and iced as drink. In terms of cleanliness, the hotel is very clean and it smells clean. Downside though as for the size of the indoor pool which is unfortunately very small as compared to the number of people the hotel can accommodate. Hotel staff are courteous and very accommodating, always wears a smile and shows willingness to help you out with any concern. The hotel is well situated near food establishments, bars and malls that gives guests a variety of choices during their stay.

Overall i must say that this is pretty much average and the kind of "what you would expect" from this kind of hotel that basically caters for large group of people doing seminars or group events. I enjoyed my stay and for me its a 3/5 rating.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2014

Our stay was pretty average in all.

The good thing about this hotel was that it was near the Ayala mall, only a few blocks down. They also provide amenities like towels, shampoos, toothbrush, 2 bottles of water. There's also a small pool and breakfast buffet (basic). There's a room for drivers at a special rate and rooms are for four at no extra charge. Room was spacious though bathroom is older and smaller (shower only)

To have the better stay, make sure you get a room nearer to the lobby as those down the hall have no wifi signal. Rooms are also next to the convention hall and you can hear guests going down to their rooms. They'll charge you for extra towels (P60), also make sure you don't lose your room key as you have to return it.

Room Tip: To get better wifi stay nearer the lobby Get a room not directly in front of convention center
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled with friends
0.5 km away
The Reef Hotel and Residences
The Reef Hotel and Residences
#13 of 28 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Subic Bay Travelers Hotel? Share your experiences!