“Team bonding”
Review of Acea Subic Bay

Acea Subic Bay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Place is great - good facilities, clean, nice pool and beach. Pretty quiet since guests are not that many. Great view from resto fronting the beach. Downside- food took too long to serve, 30 minutes or more waiting time. Chicken binakol is too oily and taste bland, more like tinola than binakol. Kaldereta is good but nothing special. Crispy pata is a little dry. Same with other reviews, flies inside the resto at bfast. Not much choices in buffet bfast. The pineapple in the fresh fruit section is partly rotten but they served it anyway. They should put label in the juice section and make them less sweet please. The Acea iced tea is good, you may want to try it.
Activities are limited, swimming, jet ski, banana boat, gym. Place is more for relaxation, enjoying the view, the beach. I would still recommend the place for a weekend away from the busy city to relax and unwind.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 14, 2018

I read the reviews before we booked 3 rooms for a family vacation.and the reviews are bad, so I kinda braced myself for it. What do you know? It all turned well except for the clogged drainage at Room 201. Check in/out procedure was a breeze. The clogged drainage was addressed and fixed immediately, so all good. I just hope that they checked it before assigning the room to a guest. The buffet was full spread during breakfast, well maybe because it was a weekend. No complaints on our brekky. Add bacon next time, yes? It goes well with the waffle :)

Pool was clean and the beach, too. Area is spacious. They have a gym and play area. The ball pit is huge.

Anyway, go here before the crowd does.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank erikahkd
Reviewed January 14, 2018

PROS: We booked a deluxe room with garden view and it was spacious enough for 3 adults. The bed was comfortable and the AC functioned well. The resort facilities were nice and and has a modern ambiance. The pool and the beach were great. We had dinner at the resort's restaurant, food taste is average. I liked their Acea iced tea, it was the best for me! The resort staff were also nice and accommodating.

CONS: Rooms aren't sound proof. We can hear footsteps of guests in the second floor. I think the guests were a family with kids since we can hear them running/jumping. The drain of the shower area in our room was clogged. When we checked it was full of hair which aren't ours. Even if the lump of hair was removed, it would take a while for the water in the shower to drain. The bidet in the bathroom was also not functioning well. The breakfast buffet option was quite limited.

In general, the resort still needs a lot of improvement especially on their rooms and food service. But our our family enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Booked two rooms here for 2 nights. We checked in late on the 1st night, arrived at the hotel at 12mn. I was preparing to take a shower, when I noticed that the water in the shower was not draining well. When I checked, THE DRAIN WAS FULL OF HAIR. Hair that is not mine, nor my husband's. That was strike 1.

Door of our room didn't close properly. Strike 2.

Next day, I went to the front desk and informed them about the hair in the drain and the faulty door. They apologized and told me that they will fix it right away. I was ready to let it all go, because the apology was sincere and the place was nice.

Told housekeeping that we will be eating out for lunch so they can comeback to clean the room at 1pm. Ran into the housekeeping staff again on my way out of the hotel and informed them AGAIN that the room is now ready to be cleaned.

When my family got back at 8pm, ROOM WAS A MESS!!!!!!! It looked the same as when we left it. Mind you, I have 4 young kids who are all tired and sleepy by this time. My children had to wait until our room was ready. STRIKE 3.

We booked 2 rooms. My mom's room SEEMED clean but it wasnt. Housekeeping just fixed the bed and took the dirty towels but didnt not replace the towels or clean the glasses/coffee mugs in the room. A mug that she drank tea from during breakfast still had the teabag inside. STRIKE 4.

So NO. Never staying here again. Nice facilities but worst service I have ever encountered. NEVER AGAIN.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Hotel has good facilities but is poorly maintained. Staff are obviously not trained, lack the most basic customer skills. It took 1.5 hours before we were able to check in.

Breakfast spread is poor. Breakfast items were pancake, hotdog, eggs and some bread. The rest are more for lunch (chicken curry, pork steak, liempo and menudo?)

If you can skip the pool or beach, go to another place as you will definitely be disappointed with the overall experience. The customer service in this place is really, really bad.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family