“something to ponder for the hungry traveller”

Slabs Diner and Steakhouse
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

highly recommended for the family. Ambiance and environment is very human.. i even see a signage that there is no WiFi because persons should talk to each other..anyways the food is superlative and not expensive. Staffs are very nice..

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

For those who know my taste I am high maintenance when it comes to food and being served. My foreign stomach has a hard time finding a high quality place to dine at. This experience started off with a kind smile but on the wrong track when I was informed there was no drinks other then bottled water and milkshakes. I was dredding writing a bad review but I gave them a chance because of the friendly staff and comfortable setting. Then came the food.. Wow just wow!!! - I never ate onion rings that looked as if they were naturally made and the Rib eye steak was superb!! You can taste the grill in my steak and it was so tender. Dish was acompanied by a decent succulant portions of vegtables cooked to perfection. I can’t remember the last timw I ever ate this good in Philippines or a place that got almost everything right!! I had to give the cooks, manager and waiter/tress my deepest compliment for making this first time a memorable experience. Can’t wait to come back!!

Reviewed January 3, 2018

I had the dry aged ribeye meal. It was excellent! Soup of the day was Tomato Cream, very good. Dry aged steak had great flavor, although was a bit on the small (thin) side. Nice glass of red wine to go with the meal, and reasonably priced. I'll be back!

Note: Does not currently have the seafood dishes or salads listed on their menu.

Reviewed November 24, 2017

I'm sorry but this picture says it all. This is exactly how they served a REUBEN sandwich so NOT a Reuben! it is not a sandwich from a prison either. Its their actual Reuben sandwich. Australian style bacon not pastrami, which is beef, and only 2 tiny slices, or should I say roof tiles! They where hard as nails and so clearly cooked a couple times. The slimy sauce smothered on the unmelted mystery cheese made eye balls feel sick.

The server nor manager saw anything wrong with this culinary masterpiece as they explained to me, "Thats how we make it". They literally served slimy bacon roof tiles on store bought cheese and sliced bread, then murdered 2 mere times when they smashed it for some reason only to then tell me they took creative license with the Reuben sandwich.

I had to Google a picture of a Reuben to explain the depths of their position. Then I had to explain the difference between pork, beef, wheat, rye, and swiss cheese.

I mean this place is for people who have no idea what the heck they are putting in their mouth. I was offended that someone would put such a thing in front of me and expect me to like, or pay for it.

Stay home!

1  Thank PHfoodie
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We went for a late lunch right before going back to Manila. We were not disappointed the servings were for was huge for 1 person and the taste was great. My favorite was their baby back ribs and their house salad. Would love to go back to taste all their steaks.

1  Thank Jo S