“We went there for lunch”
Review of Crab and Belly

Crab and Belly
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Description: A fusion of different cuisine. Crabs are a serve in Chili Garlic, Steamed, and Boiled. A very nice selection for breakfast for customers who wants simple home styled food. Cozy Ambiance for beer buckets while watching tons of sports, drama, and movies. Perfect for family, friends and business meetings.
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We ordered their unli crab promo and for me it’s the best one I’ve had so far. The crab was big enough for me, super tasty! But one thing that turned me off though was their customer service. Suggesting that they should improve it.

2  Thank Mermaid L

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I ordered the Lechon Kawali rice while my wife went for the grilled(!?) Salmon rice meal. 1st the Lechon Kawali, 1st time i was served what seemed to be reheated lechon kawali. Just look at the picture the meat look like it has through a second round of cooking its a bit brown unlike freshly cooked Lechon which has a crusty/crispy outside and moist juicy inside meat. This one was luke warm, Dry and tasteless, even at less 300bucks with a decent portion its a sorry excuse for a lechon kawali. Now as for the Salmon my wife ordered it was cooked just right but Man did it taste lifeless no to mention the they forgot to serve it with Lemon to balance out the taste. By the look of the staff they forgot about it and didn't even try to give my wife one through half the course. To think there where only 3 tables occupied inside and it was slow lunch time. I've tried a few other restaurants here in Subic like Texas Joe's, Meat Plus, Samurai Chef etc etc etc ... they're all good.. but Crab and Belly u are the worst. A shame really since I looked forward to dining in your shop and worked up an appetite in morning just to get a feel and taste of what u could offer ... but sadly it was waste of time and money

1  Thank heavyarmscustom
Reviewed 22 January 2018

When we ate there the first time I could not help but noticed that when they serve the crab you ordered, the caraface they place on top of it is bigger while the actual crab was smaller. It was not the crab's actual caraface with all the good fatty part on it. It was a recycled caraface they used and placed on top of your crab to make it appear that the crab you are getting is bigger. Is this some form of cheating or misrepresentation of their menu?

3  Thank 7,192
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Had lunch expecting the rave reviews on the web. Sadly the crabs and pork dish was passable but nothing worth writhing home about.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We watched its review in Poptalk (Ch.7) and my husband, who is a certified crab and shrimp lover, decided that we try it out. So when we went to a beach in Bataan, we dropped by at Crab and Belly on our way back home the next day.

We ordered the Unli shrimp and crab at P999 each so we will be allowed for sharing. Rice is also unlimited so make sure you have enough space in your tummy lol. Food is good but I suggest that you order a fruit shake (we ordered Mango shake) to remove the after taste of crab and shrimp.

The staff were nice especially the one assigned to us (I forgot his name). As we finished the 1st crab serving, my husband asked him first if we will be charged for the 2nd serving left-overs. He said he'll take care of it. We figured out it means he can take it out for us. Just make sure to clarify this first with the staff, I think they do this secretly.

The resto is not located along the main road so better use a navi app to locate the street. Parking area is spacious enough. It is not too big inside but they also have chairs and tables outside. I guess they have more customers at night because it was not crowded when we went there at noon.

Generally, this is a resto to try out if you happen to be in Subic area. If you dont like crab or shrimp, they also have other specialty on their menu like liempo. There were different types of customers we saw - family, friends, senior citizens - so it's a resto for everyone.

1  Thank serendipity1211