All reviews walking distance from the beach we booked a family room hot and cold shower sound system stone's throw worth the price freeport zone waterfront road hotel guests captivating bangus pros cons
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Everything about the hotel was good.

Staff are the most pleasant and helpful you could hope to find.

Except the air conditioning. I asked how often they were cleaned. Every week I was told.

Got sick. For a week. When I investigated the air-conditioning for myself I found out why.

Had not been cleaned in almost a year according to the schedule written on it.

Absolutely filthy.

An insult to their guests to do this.

Also, don't eat the pizza. The rest of the food is really good, cooked with care and skill and pride. But I don't think they know how to make a pizza. Raw dough, sent it back, returned with it still almost raw.

But their Asian food is really good.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Sometimes i wish they change the name of their hotel, it's hard to pronounce and hard to recommend to other people.

Other than that, the ambience is nice, surprisingly quiet during our stay last Christmas (the tourists were so few..) It's near hotels but most restaurants are a long walk away from here.

Each room has a phone to contact the staff and other rooms. Bathrooms have showers, bath tubs, and hair-dryers. Although it's confusing that they don't have a hallway or a bridge to connect the two wings of the hotel, so the going around there is confusing at first.

There are pools but they close it at 10 pm so we didn't even have the chance to use it since we use the hotel for BnB's.

There's also a buffet restaurant in the hotel and you can order there thru your room phone and have it delivered to your room.

We receive a buffet package during our stay, but it can only be used by 4 people. The food's nice.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
MBK_Subic, Owner at Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Thank you for your review Ma'am Teresa. We are glad to know you had a pleasant stay with us.

Sorry that you could not use the pool on a later time. Pool restriction beyond 10 PM is for everyone's safety, protection and to allow guests resting in rooms surrounding the pool to have a peaceful rest after a day's adventure in Subic. It is open as early a 8 AM though,

By the way, SEORABEOL (pronounced at so-ra-bol) is the old name of Seoul. The hotel was named by one of it's past owners.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We went for a weekend. The room to small but at least clean... With a fake window so there was no light coming in at all, the pool was nice and is safe for kids..I think that for the price they ask is way too expensive.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank grethsel v

Thank you Grethsel V for your review. Increased rates are only applied on peak days and holidays.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

we stayed here for two nights and i still could not pronounce the name of this hotel right, let alone remember the spelling. it’s that hard to recall.

but in fairness to the service being provided by the hotel’s efficient staff, it surely made up for its shortcomings. the rooms are old, the shower heads need replacements and the lotion is lacking. wifi signal reaches the room alright but the connection is just too weak, you’ll just forget it. the network signal is fluctuating, too.

the location is strategic and is just a stone throw away from subic bay. it faces a convenience store which is
making a killing selling basic essentials to hotel guests.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business

Thank you for your review Ma'am Irene F.

All you inputs are well noted and we appreciate your effort in making them.

By the way, the hotel name is SEORABEOL (pronounced at so-ra-bol) and is the ancient name of Seoul.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My colleagues and I attended a convention at the Subic Freeport Zone and, since the decision to do so was quite "last-minute," most of the accommodations near the convention center were already fully-booked. We were fortunate enough to still book 3 rooms at this hotel, a week ahead of our intended stay. Admittedly, I managed my expectations and didn't expect that much - I didn't even dare compare it with any other hotel.

The hotel is located along Waterfront Road, a walking distance to the bars, restaurants, and convenience stores of Subic's commercial/entertainment strip. It has ample parking spaces. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious, with basic necessities. They have a pool but we didn't get to try it - our schedules were full and we mainly used the hotel for its main purpose - to sleep and use their toilet & bath facilities. =) We didn't even get to avail of the free breakfast that came with the room because we had breakfast sponsors who treated us outside of the hotel. =)

I suggest, though, that they improve the steps of the stairs that lead to the upper floors (at the building adjacent to the main one) - they were uneven; they might lead to accidents, especially when it is dark. I also recommend that they change the door knobs and locks - I found them quite flimsy.

Room Tip: Since they don't have an elevator, request for rooms at the ground or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Thank you Ma'am Riza S.

We appreciate receiving all you inputs for us to improve our facilities.