See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have been coming to GWTW for about 25 years. We stayed in Rhett & Scarlett's Hideaway
(a wonderful room with a private lake view porch with a view of the lake). IT WAS GREAT.
There is a first floor veranda open to all, which offers great breezes and views of the lake.

It is a refreshing, clean and warm lake for swimming - off the dock.

Linda made a wonderful breakfast of fresh fruit, homemade coffee cake, eggs and French toast,
with fresh blueberry topping. It was another memorable stay.

Room Tip: Choose .Rhett & Scarlett's Hideaway
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Having enjoyed a stay a few years ago, I called again to book an evening. Linda called back and sadly had no rooms for the evening but referred me to another couple in her church that also had a B&B about 15 miles away. THANK YOU Linda for the referral, my wife and I had beautiful evening and stay. Now it will be a tough choice as to which of the B&B's to stay at.

Gone With the Wind is right across the street from the lake but may be obscured by the trees during the summer months. Linda is a wealth of information on all the things to do and see in the area.

A Lovely, Christian home and decor. If that environment offends you, there are others nearby.
But for those that find Christian hospitality and fellowship a Blessing, you'll love it!
Thanks Again Linda!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L0veTheFingerlakes
Reviewed 29 May 2013

What a GREAT place to stay, Gone With The Wind in Branchport, NY!! We wanted to find a nice quiet place to spend our 39th anniversary and boy did we find it here! This lovely old home had everything we wanted. Great breakfast, wonderful elegant rooms, beautiful grounds and a fantastic view from the veranda!. Linda was very generous and very helpful in giving us directions to places to see and things to do. She made our short stay memorable and unforgettable. Thank you Linda!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jjr1216
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I really want to give this place a 2.5 but TA doesn't give me that option.
I hate to be negative so I will start with the pros: The house itself is a nice log cabin (we stayed in The Sequel) and breakfast is fine and filling. The girls serving breakfast were very pleasant. The property is located quite close to the major Keuka vineyards which was very convenient and about 15 minutes from either of the two lake towns.

Now the cons:
1. The greeting: This was odd. It was pouring rain when we arrived and the owner could not go over to the house with us but said she would stop by later. We only ever saw her again for about 30 seconds when we went over to the main house for breakfast the next day. [It would also have been nice if someone told us there was a side door that we could park next to in order to avoid carrying our suitcase up a steep set of stairs.] When we arrived at the house it was dark and eerie. Some dirty tea bags on the kitchen, junk in the sink. No instructions anywhere except a sign telling us to take off our shoes and another telling us breakfast would be served next door. The fan in our room was broken and the room was quite dark. There were also cobwebs in the windows. The room was generally clean and the bed was comfortable.

2. While this is called a lake front property, it is definitely not. It is across the main road and high up a windy driveway. No lake views either - all you see are trees. The walk down to the lake is about 5 minutes downhill, not a big deal, but the lakefront was not particularly inviting. Other than inside the gazebo (full of garden tools) there was nowhere to sit.

3. At night it is PITCH BLACK outside and parking is unsafe. Fortunately we came for the first time when it was still light out so we knew that there was a drop off ahead of the "parking spot" but when we came back from dinner in the evening one of us had to get out to guide the other into the spot. We had to use the lights from our phones to see 2 inches ahead of us. On the second night there were other guests in the lower spot so we had to park high up on the hill and inch our way down in the dark.

4. Lack of services - to me this is a big one. A. There are no phones, so if you have any questions, the only way you can communicate is by using your cell phone to call the main house. However, because service is terrible, this was not a great option. B. In my experience, I stay at a B&B, partly to get the benefit of the owner's knowledge about the area, get restaurant suggestions... none of that here. C. No live television in the Sequel. Now we don't come to a B&B to watch TV, but ... I'd like to be able to turn on the news or the weather for a few minutes. Here the main sitting area had an old TV had a dvd/ vcr attached with a few VHS movies to choose from. It was opening night for the olympics so we would have liked to watch. Perhaps there was a TV in the main house available to guests staying in the Sequel, but we had no idea since there was no indication anywhere. D. No coffee, tea, drinks made available. Again, perhaps if we scoured the cabinets we would have found these items, but I don't feel comfortable rummaging through someone's kitchen cabinets. I would think a pitcher of water and a thermos of coffee would have been made available.

Overall, as the title says, there was just something missing in the details.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank EMG311
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We met several other couples/friends here for a three day reunion near Keuga Lake in NY. The log cabin is billed as "The Sequel", as it is a separate facility from the main house/bed and breakfast building. "The Sequel" was a wonderful spot for us! The main living area has a fireplace and comfortable seating for a large group. (There were 12 of us. Sleeping at the cabin accommodated 10, with one couple staying up at the "main house" at night.) We chatted, played music and games and snacked in a comfortable cozy setting. Breakfast was served daily at 9 a.m. and consisted of a hot breakfast "appetizer" to start...usually a hot fruit dish of some sort, along with juice, coffee, tea, and milk. The main breakfast always was scrambled eggs as waffles, pancakes, and/or french toast, with the appropriate trimmings. Rooms were cozy, with comfortable beds. The log cabin itself is beautiful. The only downside would be for someone who could not easily navigate stairs because it sits high on a hillside, with steps (maybe 20) to navigate with your luggage to reach the cabin. I'm not usually a Bed and Breakfast person, so I don't have much to compare it to, other than a large house we rented in MIchigan's U.P. for our last reunion. This was a bit pricier than that one was, but the area is also "higher class". I'd recommend it for a group such as ours.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends