“Long Island dining at it's best.”
Review of Grey Horse Tavern

Grey Horse Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Grey Horse Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Bayport
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rail Road St
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We had dinner here tonight, lucky to get a table on the enclosed porch without a reservation. The food was fantastic. We shared a (special) foie gras appetizer, my boyfriend had a lobster special for dinner and I had the calamari (also an appetizer but more than enough for dinner) We shared a bottle of chardonnay...nice selections of wine in the $30 range. Desserts are all made on site....we shared a pistachio crème brulee.....wonderful. The space is lovely, and the service was friendly and pleasant. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I have been trying to get here and finally made it on a Sunday afternoon.
Some tasty food and good local music. A charming old house with nice old victorian copper topped bar.
The calamari was nicely done with black olives and a medley of herbs.The chicken taco was very good.
The bartender Josh was very pleasant as hostess.
A crowd was there.... following a local country musician Gene Casey.... Great music with female guitarist.. who sang beautifully.
An older mature crowd... nice local folks.
Will return... to try more menu items.. as they are farm to table and I enjoy quality food.
If looking for a friendly local hang out... I would recommend going to their web site checking out the menu and music for a nice nite out.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Our family enjoyed a dinner here with an old friend while celebrating my wife's birthday at 6:30pm on a Saturday. The restaurant came recommended and did not disappoint. We were seated in a back room with lots of space around. It was neither too quiet or too loud, so we were able to speak without shouting. The menu was fairly diverse and offered a wide range of selections. We started with cocktails (I ordered a wine), and then had calamari and the potato pancakes as appetizers and they were tasty. For dinner I had the half chicken with green beans and potatoes - really good. Our friend had the "Best of the Wurst" Oktoberfest special. Daughter had the Cesaer Salad with chicken, and my wife had the salmon - all reportedly good.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I absolutely LOVED the unique atmosphere of this place - cozy areas for a date night or a cozy bar area for a more social experience. They also had great live music! The food was high quality but my only disappointment would be the lack of variety in the menu. Being a vegetarian, the local, sustainable fare was a big draw for me. I was surprised at the lack of variety of sides and veggie dishes. Will definitely return but maybe just to experience the bar and live music.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Limited menu, The burger seems to be the best choice. Nice interior. Make sure you have a reservation on the weekend.