“Used To Be's Don't County Anymore!”
Review of Aji 53

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Aji 53 used to be my wife's and my favorite Japanese restaurant, but not anymore. The fish is still tasty, but the presentation has lost its luster and the service is horrible.

We had lunch there a week or so ago, and we started out asking for hot sake. The sake was served and calling it "lukewarm" would have been an exaggeration. I sent it back and when it returned, it STILL wasn't hot. My wife asked for a green tea, and THAT showed up cold, as well.

I told the waitress, "Last chance. If you can't figure out what 'hot' means one more time, we're out of here."

I go out to eat for things I can't get at home, not only the sushi, but the atmosphere, the ambiance and the service. The sushi was tasty, but fish is fish. The terrible service now puts Aji 53 at the bottom of my list of Japanese restaurants.

I'm staying away until Aji 54 comes along.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (89)

Reviewed 3 November 2020

We stopped by here for dinner while we're in Bay Shore. Restaurant is busy but food comes out quickly. Enjoyed the Poseidon's Wrath - Sashimi is fresh. Great place for Sushi and Sashimi!

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank 359td
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Great lunch specials. The food is always fresh and the service is attentive. Bay Shore has several sushi places that are also good but this is my 1st choice.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

Great place for happy hour- good drink and roll specials. At the bar sunday all day and night happy hour

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 12 December 2018 via mobile

This os probably my favorite sushi house on Long Island. You can't go wrong with any sushi roll, the lobster bisque is awesome, the Okinawa shrimp is very tasty & the service is impeccable .. enjoy!!

Date of visit: June 2018