“Disappointed”

La Hacienda Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 94 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Reviewed 14 January 2019

We simply were not impressed by the food. It was just OK, not terrible, but not great either. The atmosphere was bland at best. No alcohol served. The night we went we couldn't even get chili con queso though it was on the menu. What kind of mexican restaurant runs out of cheese??

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 3 December 2018

I have relatives in Ruidoso, New Mexico so I travel there several times a year. Every time we visit we have at least one meal at this restaurant. The food is always good, consistent, and does not take long. It can be busy since it is a small, hole in the wall, type of restaurant, especially if you go at noon. The staff is friendly, attentive, and does not have much turnover.The food is made fresh and if you like good Mexican food then I recommend giving it a try.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 5 October 2018

We sat a long time before anyone waited on us, but then the staff was friendly. The food was bland, but the worst came when we got home, it made me sick. The rest of the family were fine, but I was the only one who had the rellenos.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Steven C
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

This place looked packed so we thought we would try it out for breakfast. I ordered a smothered Barbacoa burrito and my wife had a sausage breakfast burrito. Food was okay. Only major complaint is we ordered a single pancake, on the side. Before receiving this single pancake, we received all of our other food, finished eating our food, and sat and waited about 20 minutes before getting up and just leaving without the pancake. A ton of other food came out before this single pancake. Probably, most likely, won’t be returning here.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We often travel to this area for family visits and we always eat at La Hacienda at least once on our trips. The food is consistently good and I have not found anything that I was a disappointment. I have food issues and they make things to order so this is a safe place for me too. If you love Mexican food, stop in here on your next trip.

Date of visit: May 2018