“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Michael J's is a collaborative effort between many friends and food lovers from around the globe. We can say that because we appreciate so many sources and learn all the time about what makes a restaurant truly successful. We strive to serve excellent food accompanied by fine wine to go with our offerings. We do NOT serve PIZZA!
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

Cold day and restaurant was booked after Being closed for 2 days from big snowstorm. Sat in bar area and waiter was very accommodating with great service and food overall very good.

Date of visit: December 2018
SusannaJade, General Manager at Michael J's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2019

Thank you, we appreciate your nice comments!

Reviewed 31 December 2018

Been visiting Ruidoso for many years and never took the time to eat here although we have been to almost every restaurant in Ruidoso. Have to say we throughly enjoyed the food and dining experience. Food was very fresh and authentic ! Thanks Micheal for a great night.

Date of visit: December 2018
SusannaJade, General Manager at Michael J's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Thank you we appreciate this nice review!!

Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

If you accept that you won’t be served Italian food but what Americans believe this could be, you will have a good meal and time at Michael J’s.
Garlic was the big overbearing theme in my Cesar’s salad and main dish, and this is definitely not Italian!

Date of visit: November 2018
SusannaJade, General Manager at Michael J's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2018

Oh my, this is not what most patrons say. Sorry you feel this way. We have customers from all over the country that think our food is very authentic, even travelers to Italy. Thanks for the review anyway - it gives us varied opinions. I would be curious to know what restaurant satisfies your Italian cravings successfully.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

When it comes to food, im a bit picky and Michael J's never fails to impress me. Love the atmosphere and the food is top notch.

Date of visit: October 2018
SusannaJade, General Manager at Michael J's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thanks so much!!

Reviewed 5 November 2018

I came by myself on a Thursday evening while I was up in Ruidoso for work. I had passed by here several times before, but had never stopped to eat. I called ahead for a bar seat by the fire (good thing I did, they filled up fast!) about 30 minutes before I went. My server at the bar was friendly and was prompt with his service. I ordered a glass of wine and the special scallops with risotto. It came with a house salad, which was very small, but tasty. The scallops were great, cooked right and did not have any fishiness to them. The risotto was also very delicious. I was pleased, but I did think that the scallops were a bit over priced (almost $30 for 4 scallops). I would come back here but I think I would order something different next time!

Date of visit: November 2018
SusannaJade, General Manager at Michael J's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you for your kind remarks. Scallops are very expensive we make very little profit but our customers really enjoy them. Glad you were pleased with Chad's service. We appreciate you!!