“Best Pinion Coffee”

Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE has quickly become a Ruidoso New Mexico Favorite Restaurant as well as a sought out and much anticipated eating tradition for many of our Village's visitors! We thank all of our friends and customers who regularly support us and continue to spread the good word about ... the CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE in Ruidoso ... where we take eating seriously!Enjoy a traditional bakery influenced BREAKFAST including some of our very special New Mexico specialties! LUNCH offers a veritable cornucopia of options from the heathful, flavorful salad to savory sandwiches hearty enough to satisfy a big appetite from the ground up! And the BAKERY is all about fresh, creative and delicious ... what else needs to be said about fresh baked breads, pies, cookies, muffins and assorted pastries! We are dedicated to good Ruidoso eating!
Reviewed 16 February 2019

This place has friendly and family written all over it! The food dishes and selection is so well put together. Doesn't matter what your hungry for! Desserts and breads are amazing! Coffee is the best as well. A+++++

Date of visit: October 2018
CornerstoneBrianG, Owner at Cornerstone Bakery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback! We want all of our guests to feel welcomed as family! Next time you're in, try our signature Green Chile Cheddar bread - our most popular for 10 years running. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

A slightly healthier option. Easy to find and park. A little waiting time. The pear lemonade is something else. The food was good. Glad we went.

Date of visit: February 2019

Thank you for the feedback! Folks love our Desert Pear Lemonade. We also offer Strawberry, Peach, Mango and several other flavors. We do have a wait list system if there is a long wait - simply call ahead and get placed on a wait list and we then text you when you're table is ready. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

First, when we stopped by here for a "brunch" meal around 2pm on a Sunday, we expected the brunch crowd to be thinning down. We were told to wait for a table ( there were no others waiting for a table, but she took our name). After 5-10 minutes, we were asked if we were being helped, we said yes... then we were seated in an almost empty dining area to the right... I mean, there were at least 8-9 empty tables, and maybe 3-4 tables with people. Why the long wait to be seated? Then we ordered beverages, a latte, one pot of tea, and one drip coffee... then it took another 5+ minutes to bring a cup for the coffee, and we're told it's around the corner...help yourself. Then a few minutes later came the white mocha latte ( it was marked as "today's special"). Then a few minutes later came the pot of tea. . No spoon, so my hubbie went over to the, waiters station and got 3 silverware packets, I used my fork to stir the honey into my tea. After a long while, food came out, but my order was the wrong eggs.. checked their ticket, yes, they brought the wrong eggs... so they fixed that, a few minutes later brought the right order.. water was not apologetic about messing up my order, nor hurried to try to fix it, but did tell us that "I can get you a spoon", when I asked about it... as if she were doing me a favor! Neither watress nor the person serving the food said "sorry", instead looked at the ticket, expecting ME to be wrong about what was ordered! Nonchalant service, confused employees, no real management or procedures, just seemed poorly run. Food was not worth the price, silverware didn't seem that clean, and waitress really didn't care about your food nor your experience...I would not go back. Desserts looked good, but I'd get them to go if I were you.

Date of visit: February 2019

Yikes, it sounds like we really struck out here! I'm sorry you had such a poor visit. I am curious to know if you remember who your server was and whether a manager visited your table. Please contact me directly at brian@cornerstonebakerycafe.com. I am one of the owners. We have strict management procedures, one of which is that we visit every table to avoid experiences like these. I welcome you to visit us again. I'm certain we can do better. Most importantly, thank you for sharing the feedback. It is invaluable.

Reviewed 13 February 2019

The food was pretty good, the service was not so good, very slow.....we were told it was a 20 min wait...but instead it was an hour wait, then it seemed like forever before we got drinks and forever to take our order. The food was good...maybe they just had an off day?

Date of visit: February 2019

Being quoted 20 minutes and waiting an hour is unacceptable to us. To have slow service after waiting that long is equally disappointing. We surely will call this an off day as I know we can do much better. Please come back and see us. Thank you for your feedback, it is very important to us!

Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

We stopped in on the way out of town today. We had a short wait and we were seated by a great host. We decided to eat breakfast. I had the Belgian Waffle, 2 eggs and ham. It was delicious. My wife had the waffle with a side of bacon and a side of the fried potatoes. We were completely pleased. Great food, great waitress and a very nice atmosphere. We will be back often. You should definitely try it for yourself.

Date of visit: February 2019

Thank you for the positive feedback! We look forward to serving you again.