“A good place to stop when returning to Albuquerque”

Cattle Baron Steak & Seafood
Ranked #19 of 94 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2019

This restaurant has nice steaks, a really good salad bar/buffet with soup and the service and surroundings are good. We like to stop here on the way back from Cloudcroft, because it's peaceful and we can get a decent meal.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 27 January 2019

Visited for our anniversary dinner since we wanted a steak. I ordered a filet and the waitress asked if I wanted it "butterflied" and not knowing what that meant, I said "yes" but it ended up being way overcooked & so tough I couldn't eat much of it. The waitress was great and very friendly, but I learned a good lesson!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 20 January 2019

The salad bar here is extensive from soup to salad fixings and deserts. We had the salad bar and a cup of home made potato soup. I had the prime rib (medium rare) with the creamy horseradish sauce, baked potato and fresh baked bread. My husband had the New York steak (medium) with a baked potato. Our steaks came out just as we ordered and were very tender. Food was delicious. Steaks and prime rib were about $24.00 each. Very good meal.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 17 January 2019 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch with group of people for work. We were seated quickly. The salad bar was good and fresh. The enchilada soup was good. Nobody in our group had any complaints about their food. Given the low number of people there, the waitress/service was a bit slow. There are a variety of items on the menu from seafood to burgers to steak etc. Some the menu prices are a bit high.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 13 January 2019

The salad bar is fresh with a good selection and the accompanying soups are delicious. We generally fill up on the soups and salad items. The entrees are ok but way overpriced.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Cattle Baron Steak & Seafood? Share your experiences!