“Service was great”

Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casa Blanca Is One Of The Most Popular Mexican Food Restaurants In Ruidoso. Started In 1984, And Built From A Remodeled Spanish Style House, The Business Has Become A Favorite For Tourist And Local Patrons. The Menu Includes Authentic Mexican Food, Often Spiced With New Mexico Green Chile. Among The Items At The Top Of Casa's Most Popular List Are Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, Green Chile Chicken Burritos, And Chile Rellenos. A Solid Lineup Of Starter Items Include, Fajita Steak Nachos, And Stuffed Jalapenos In Addition To Numerous Choices For Salads & Soups. The Lunch Menu Offers Most Of The Favorites - In Smaller Portions, And A Children's Menu Is Available For Children Under 10 Years Old. Beverages Include Traditional Drinks Along With Wine, Beer And Margaritas.
Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

The service was outstanding, but the food was so-so. We had the fajitas and the corn tortillas were dry and very chewy and the chicken was dry. The Queso was good!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 19 December 2018

Casa Blanca is my "go to" restaurant, especially for business clients and out of town guests. I've lived and worked here for 28 years, so for almost half my life I've been a regular at the restaurant. And enjoyed every minute of it! Equally as important in a small community like this, is to get to know the employees and staff - as they are often my friends and neighbors. For me personally, when it comes to eating out, my top priority has become TRUST. Then service which is closely connected to trust. The food of course is simply excellent across the board, as it has to be in order to stay in business 45 years.

However, today for the first time I ran into a trust issue with a particular server. It should be an easy fix once it is brought to the attention of the GM, which is one of the reasons I'm writing today.

I took a business client to lunch today about 12:45. When we walked in and stood by the hostess station, we came face to face with an employee (Hilda) SITTING at a table. She looked up at us and then went back to playing with her phone. And we stood there for a very long 6-7 minutes with other customers coming in and standing behind us. I thought Hilda was perhaps off duty or something, but even then she could have seated us. Another server came up from the back of the restaurant and seated us. As luck would have it, in Hilda's section! Then she finally got up to greet us, as she was on duty but did not have any customers. Perhaps for good reason?

My business client and I decided we'd rather leave the restaurant than put up with that level of service. Right at that moment I saw and called over another server that I've known for years and asked her to take care of us. She agreed and the problem was solved, or so I thought.

Then Hilda came over and gave me some attitude and a lecture about how things work around there. That is a showstopper for me, not to mention quite embarrassing in front of my business client. Likewise, it is completely out of place in a restaurant of this caliber! I don't require or expect any special treatment other than the professional courtesy of being respected as a customer.

In any event we managed to have a great meal with Angie, and things went very well from there.

I can't emphasize enough that Casa Blanca is one of the top restaurants in town, and certainly among the best when it comes to service and traditional atmosphere. I'm delighted to take my family, friends, and business partners there. However, I will not accept an unprofessional attitude or getting lectured by an employee. It violates the level of trust I need to dine there, not to mention getting humiliated in front of an important business friend.

All in all a great meal, once I got past the opening snag with Hilda. I spoke briefly with the Manager on duty (Shawn) as well, so hopefully this situation will get resolved quickly.

By the way, Angie and her partner Eloy are expecting their first child, so be sure to congratulate them! They are both outstanding servers, with a professional skill set that particularly appeals to local business people.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Silverado52
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Years ago I liked this place. The salsa was really lame and most of the food was average, however they used to have some fantastic signature dishes. Dishes like Pork A La Casa and Blackened Steak. Well, it's obviously different owners and everything is bland with no heat what-so-ever. As a matter of fact, I ordered Pork A La Casa and it's supposed to be "smothered in fiery salsa verde". ...It was the house salsa which tastes like stewed tomatoes. Yeah, the waitress was really trying! She saw it was the table salsa and brought me a side of the salsa verde. Oh, the "fiery salsa verde"? It's a basic tomatillo salsa now. I see the packed house, but for me... Well, I'll go next door!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

The first chance to make an impression is when you come inside to be seated. No one there. After a few minutes a young lady showed up. The samething happened to customers after us. Now our waiter,Eloy was very good and did a wonderful job. The food was ok but to be fair we know Tex Mex and not New Mexico style mexican food. I had the Chile Rellenos and they were good. To be fair they only get a fair rating. People bragged on the chips and salsa on here. Not impressed. The chips had big clumps of salt on them and the salsa was to runny. They had construction workers on the roof as we ate. My overall rating is that i would not go back

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

This was our first time to eat in this restaurant and probably our last. The food was not bad, just okay. My husband had the Chile rellenos and I had a cheese enchilada. The rice was chewy but the refried beans were ok. To be honest we are used to Tex Mex dining and not "New Mexico" fare. On the bright side, Eloy, our waiter was very nice and engaging. When we got there you could tell some kind of construction was going on and he explained that they were adding storage space because the bar keeps running out of beer.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Casa Blanca? Share your experiences!