“Has a huge following, but...”

Casa Blanca Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 93 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Casa Blanca Is One Of The Most Popular Mexican Food Restaurants In Ruidoso. Started In 1984, And Built From A Remodeled Spanish Style House, The Business Has Become A Favorite For Tourist And Local Patrons. The Menu Includes Authentic Mexican Food, Often Spiced With New Mexico Green Chile. Among The Items At The Top Of Casa’s Most Popular List Are Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, Green Chile Chicken Burritos, And Chile Rellenos. A Solid Lineup Of Starter Items Include, Fajita Steak Nachos, And Stuffed Jalapenos In Addition To Numerous Choices For Salads & Soups. The Lunch Menu Offers Most Of The Favorites – In Smaller Portions, And A Children’s Menu Is Available For Children Under 10 Years Old. Beverages Include Traditional Drinks Along With Wine, Beer And Margaritas.
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Years ago I liked this place. The salsa was really lame and most of the food was average, however they used to have some fantastic signature dishes. Dishes like Pork A La Casa and Blackened Steak. Well, it's obviously different owners and everything is bland with no heat what-so-ever. As a matter of fact, I ordered Pork A La Casa and it's supposed to be "smothered in fiery salsa verde". ...It was the house salsa which tastes like stewed tomatoes. Yeah, the waitress was really trying! She saw it was the table salsa and brought me a side of the salsa verde. Oh, the "fiery salsa verde"? It's a basic tomatillo salsa now. I see the packed house, but for me... Well, I'll go next door!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

The first chance to make an impression is when you come inside to be seated. No one there. After a few minutes a young lady showed up. The samething happened to customers after us. Now our waiter,Eloy was very good and did a wonderful job. The food was ok but to be fair we know Tex Mex and not New Mexico style mexican food. I had the Chile Rellenos and they were good. To be fair they only get a fair rating. People bragged on the chips and salsa on here. Not impressed. The chips had big clumps of salt on them and the salsa was to runny. They had construction workers on the roof as we ate. My overall rating is that i would not go back

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

This was our first time to eat in this restaurant and probably our last. The food was not bad, just okay. My husband had the Chile rellenos and I had a cheese enchilada. The rice was chewy but the refried beans were ok. To be honest we are used to Tex Mex dining and not "New Mexico" fare. On the bright side, Eloy, our waiter was very nice and engaging. When we got there you could tell some kind of construction was going on and he explained that they were adding storage space because the bar keeps running out of beer.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Slow service. It took 45 minutes for our food to come out. Food was terrible. It was cold, greasy an inedible. We drank our drinks, took one bite of the pile of hunk in our plates and left!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Best Green Chile enchiladas in town!
Their Habenero steak or chicken dishes are also amazing, just be prepared for your mouth to be on fire. But, if you like hot food those dishes are a must!!

Date of visit: August 2018