“Marginal Barbecue, but Great Service ”
Review of Circle J Bar-B-Que

Circle J Bar-B-Que
Ranked #33 of 94 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Circle J Bar-B-Que is a family style restaurant. All food is made from homemade scratch recipes that date back thirty years. The owners have owned and operated the restaurant for 18 years and continue to work to make peoples meals enjoyable.
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

With an official Brisket Judge at my side, you can bet barbecue will be one of the most discerning meals we eat.

We loved the family ownership ambiance. We felt warm and welcome.

We both opted for a 3-meat plate. Unfortunately, we were not very impressed. The brisket was not very tasty and chalky as if boiled or reheated, and the sausage tasted like a name brand grocery store sausage, which is not good sausage. Overall, we were disappointed with the meats and were unable to finish.

I guess this is the life of a meat judge!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Prices were good and they have senior menu. Food was very good. We had brisket, turkey, sausage, potato salad, beans, cole slad, and bread. Atmophere was good.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

This was without a doubt THE worst pulled pork sandwich I've eaten...anywhere. It was soooo dry that even the tasteless bbq sauce couldn't save it. And not only dry but no flavor. I tried dousing it with my limp cole slaw but to no avail. I've never given a one-star review, and in this case I'm being kind. Avoid Circle J.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 3 November 2017

This place has been around forever and it is as good as it always was. We had the brisquet followed by the peach cobbler with ice cream. It was devine!! Just like your grandmom used to make. Don't miss this one before you leave town.Nice people running it. Friendly and effecient.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Family packs, turkey, brisket, ribs, pork, sausage and options like potato salad, macaroni, beans, corn. Traditional smoked meat.

Date of visit: October 2017