“If you like a little heat this is the place.”
Review of Grill Caliente

Grill Caliente
Ranked #14 of 94 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Food is Southwestern
Reviewed 13 January 2019

Quaint and cozy with a selection of “not the same old Mexican food”. The queso is superb and I love the GCGC = green chili grilled cheese. Best fries in town or most anywhere else.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 6 January 2019

Worst dining out experience ever. Bacon on burgers undercooked. Hamburger patty served a notch below medium rare. Our burgers were supposed to be stuffed with bleu cheese, I had one bite that had a bleu cheese taste. Run down and low quality.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 12 December 2018

If you're looking for clean eating with lots of healthy and vegan options then this is the place for you. I had the pork medallions, my wife had the fish tacos, and my son had a steak. All were fantastic and perfectly prepared. The atmosphere is nice and comfortable and the walls are covered in artwork by local artists. The service was also top notch and their deserts were delightful. I had the apples and my son had the brownie. There was a lot more to it than just apples and brownies, but just like the main course, the deserts were unique and skillfully prepared and distinctly flavorful. It was a true pleasure to dine here and we will gladly return on our next trip.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018

They do use peppers in their dishes so beware. The food is quite good. We enjoyed our early dinner in the outdoor section of the restaurant. Good service.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018

I ordered pork tenderloin medallions, which were amazing--tender inside, crisp outside--in a spicy sauce. The green chile mashed potatoes were heavy on sour cream and didn't taste as though there was any chile in them, and they arrived cold. The black beans were unremarkable. I should've asked for a pile of french fries instead, because my husband's sandwich came with those and they were easily the best fries we've eaten in a long time. Luckily he shared with me. He enjoyed his pork tenderloin sandwich, which came with lots of avocado. Our server was attentive and friendly. We joked about returning the next night just for the fries.

Date of visit: October 2018