“Naw man! I'm just a watcher not a zipper”

Apache Eagle Ziprider
Reviewed 23 March 2018

***This review is as a watcher of those who are zip lining.***First off it's a 12 mile winding, twisting, don't look down, look out, no passing, no railing in some spots drive up the mountain.(elevation 11,000+ft)(zip line start elevation (12,000+ft) It is a beautiful drive. As a watcher you have to ride the gondola up the mountain, so purchase your ticket($18) at the ticket counter. Once at the top take in the view. For me it was serene. The trail to get to the zip line starting point is behind the ski patrol station. Hike up that trail another 1,000 feet or so and you will come upon the starting point. Here's the important zip line information as given from one of the guides to the riders: This zip line is currently the highest starting point = 12,000 ft. Skydiving starts at 10,000 ft. The zip line is 1 mile. You will be traveling 70 - 80mph. You will reach the end in 30 seconds. When you clear the trees start breaking and look for our hand signals. I got an adrenaline rush just listening to him. The parking lot where you parked, ya, well you can't see it from the top, it's covered by the all the pine trees. The wooded platform deck you passed entering the parking lot, yep that's the end of the line. We saw 8 riders zip down the mountain, let me tell you that was the longest 30 seconds that was over so quickly. It was so cool to watch..

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"longest"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Had to put in a rating to get this posted...my rating does not address either of the following locations.

Just a heads up . People are reviewing 2 different (really different) zip line adventures here.
1. The small zip line at Inn of the Mountain Gods
2. The MUCH longer zip line at Ski Apache
Make sure you know which one you are looking for as these are about as different as 2 zlp line adventures could be!

2  Thank ivybell
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I'm 65 and a zip-line has been on my bucket-list of things to do since retiring!! The staff, was helpful and friendly....from the person at the desk, to the driver who took us up and the two fellows who reassured me that I wasn't going to die....all were super friendly and reassuring. The ride itself was awesome and the views of the grounds, mountains and lake...be sure to get reservations....and, if you are a scaredy-cat like me.....just do it!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

This was easier than I thought it would be! I am 49 (and holding) and had no problem. Even if you are scared of heights, you will love this. You aren't looking down -- you are looking out and ahead. Our guides, David and Kara, were awesome. It's a friendly and fun atmosphere. Check out their website for more information. Reservations recommended. JUST DO IT! Next time we might rent the mountain bikes...

1  Thank rivercitygirl2016