“Excellent Food on Turquoise Trail”
Review of San Marcos Cafe

San Marcos Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Cerrillos
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017

The best breakfast EVER!! This is a hidden spot and when we were there it was full of locals. The ambience is really cozy. I ordered half blintz- it was so delicious with cream filling inside topped with raspberry sauce. I also had spinach bake over scrambled eggs served with hash browns. It was sooooo good and was served with their house made garlic bread. Husband had breakfast burrito. Their sauce is out of the world delicious. The french toast is one of the best we have ever had. It is a must order!! We also ordered cinnamon bun. It was crunchy on the outside and soft of the inside. It was huge though, 2-4 people can easily share it. Make sure to put some butter on it and it will take the flavor to the next level.
All in all, great flavor packed food with great customer service. This is a must try if you are traveling on the turquoise trail. Hidden gem, that I really hope stays hidden ;-)

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Besides arriving and seeing beautiful peacocks everywhere, the inside was just as cool. Walked inside, and had to take in the antique cook stoves, wood burning stoves, and all of the little touches that make you feel right at home. The coffee was wonderful, breakfast was an omelette with veggies, homefries, fresh fruit, and their homemade herb bread served warm. It was delicious, and more than I could eat. Beautiful drive to get there. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

My brother insists on coming to this cafe for breakfast. The location is probably a local favorite, BUT not worth the drive to eat in cramped and an uncomfortable interior. The food is ok, typical of Santa Fe quizine, the cinnamon rolls are outstanding. The younger waitress goes out of her way to fill in the lack of service offered by the owner who should not be waiting tables, she needs to hire an employee who knows how to wait tables.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

It is fun to see and hear the many peacocks and turkeys strutting their stuff outside this small out of the way restaurant. Feels like a step back in time. The food is excellent and freshly homemade. The standard breakfast items taste so good, hard to try anything new. The giant cinnamon rolls are super and the bottomless coffee is terrific....don't think you can go wrong here, unless you eat too much!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We've been there twice for breakfast. I think the food is comparable to other places we've eaten. Wait service could be improved. Tables are kind of tight, I don't sleep that close to my wife as I was sitting next to my neighbor. And their conversation was drowning out every one else's.